News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Intergalactic Cooking Challenge] Published! What next?

Started by Zach, July 31, 2006, 04:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zach

Written by Zach Welhouse and illustrated by Pauli Kohberger and Mika Peterson, Intergalactic Cooking Challenge is the first concentrated effort to present the high-stakes world of futuristic cooking challenges in under 100 pages.

My dream is a futuristic wonderland. Noble chefs meet across slabs of meat to trade quips and dishes with each other, honing their skills until one day when their craft is mighty enough to impress even the most refined of alien tongues. If they fail, then they have failed not only themselves but their entire race. After all, what use is humanity to these mysterious gourmands if they cannot even comprehend the true flavor of the universe?

Based in traditional role-playing, but liberally seasoned with collaborative storytelling mechanics, Intergalactic Cooking Challenge combines two great tastes to bring peace and goodwill for all. With rules firm enough for a "real" gamer, but hand-wavey enough for an artist, factional divides will be healed in time for all involved to explore the increasing economic divide of contemporary times, the philosophy of beauty, and the viability of constructing a twelve-layered plum pudding in under two hours.

Also: passionate youths! Lost recipes! An occasional references to Bad Dudes! The best "what is roleplaying" speech yet! I like it.

The download retails for $14.15 and features 66 pages of grade-A, complete game product.

Available as a PDF or POD from Lulu, with additional print copies available at Gencon through the Oppressed Proletariat booth.

A free sample course is also available at Lulu.
Intergalactic Cooking Challenge is pretty slick. Also of note is the sample size.

Andy Kitkowski

Hey dude, I unfortunately couldn't get a real feel for the game from the preview.  Do you have any other posts or discussions about how the game works somewhere?

-Andy
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Ben Lehman

Maybe you could be coerced into linking to an Actual Play report?

yrs--
--Ben

Zach

Yeah, I can do that. It will take a few days, but Actual Play, I'm coming for you.
Intergalactic Cooking Challenge is pretty slick. Also of note is the sample size.

Zach

I started anActual Play thread. It is longer than many of the ones that I used as guidelines, but hopefully it will answer many questions before they're asked. Then I can answer the rest!