News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[DexCon] [Unistat] One Wing Dipped in Blood

Started by TonyLB, July 31, 2006, 11:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Morris

Quote from: RobNJ on August 02, 2006, 07:16:38 AM
That's actually not true.  The rules as written that we were playing with only allowed one to hand off dice dedicated to a specific roll.  Andrew and others handed me the dice for that roll.  Tony improvised the "here have this die" rule outside of a roll, which Andrew liked and is going to put in, but my understanding is you can give it generally or you can give it dedicated to a roll, and what I got was dedicated to a roll.

Also, the rules require that everyone settles on which dice they are rolling before the roll is actually performed. So I could have taken dice back when I realized that no one was strongly opposing it. I didn't, though, and my main reason was that it would get more dice into the hands of the players, speeding things up (that's the main function of the GM in the game -- to provide pacing).
Download: Unistat

R. Jason Boss

This sounds like a great session and I look forward to reading the PDF when it comes out. 

Good luck on the name issue since Tony's got "Monistat" stuck in my damn head now.

Your clarification about adjusting your dice used is interesting.  I like "GM as pacing" when I am a GM so it entices me to give this a go.

Jason

Sydney Freedberg

"One Stat Wonder"? "USSS" ("Universal Single Statistic System")? "Cyclopean"? The possibilities are endless, fun to generate, and mostly crap. You need a name worthy of this elegant little monster.

John Harper

Maybe instead of focusing on the single-stat element of the game, the name could reflect the dice-trading and "adversity arc" in some way.

- Switch
- Swap
- The Arc
- The Trade-Off
- Exchange
- Shift (as in shifting dice around)
- Shuffle
- Pass (passing dice back and forth)

Hmmm. Maybe something there will spark an idea.
Agon: An ancient Greek RPG. Prove the glory of your name!

Andrew Morris

Quote from: John Harper on August 04, 2006, 03:26:36 PM
- The Trade-Off

Damn. John, I don't know you, but I think I hate you just a little bit, now (in a friendly way, though). That's perfect. And I just sent the final changes to Remi Treuer for layout. Crap.
Download: Unistat