News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

In Praise of Brennan and Alexander

Started by Luke, August 15, 2006, 03:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke

And Danielle, and Ralph, and Mike Miller.

You all suffered for our greater glory and you made the booth so so so much better than it's ever been before.

Three cheers.
-Luke

Iskander

(I blush.)

Thanks to Paul for many re-stocks, Danielle for register duty, Michael, Kat and Dalys for repacking the van on Sunday morning, TimCK for always being to hand when I needed a minion, Jason Morningstar likewise, Julie for being an angelic Hermes, Ralph for emergency register surgery, Gordon for every assistance, and everyone for being so very accomodating to my outrageous demands, commands and entreaties.
Winning gives birth to hostility.
Losing, one lies down in pain.
The calmed lie down with ease,
having set winning & losing aside.

- Samyutta Nikaya III, 14

Brennan Taylor

And I would like to say thank you to Alexander, Danielle, Ralph, Michael, and Luke. Without you, I could not have done it. My inexpressible thanks.

Thanks also to Nathan, Kevin, and anyone else who acted as stringers in the booth and helped folks browse. This was an essential task.

Jake Richmond

Yeah, everything was really fantastic. You guys did a hell of a job. I wish I had had Panty Explosion thee for sale.

Jake

Malcolm Craig

Totally.

I cannot parise Brennan, Alexander et al highly enough for their dedication and professionalism throughout the con. You guys absolutely rocked. Sometimes I looked at racks and through "Blimey! Stock on that game is getting a bit low." I looked back a minute later and the racks were full again. The contribution made by the selling folks should be saluted.

Cheers
Malcolm
Malcolm Craig
Contested Ground Studios
www.contestedground.co.uk

Part of the Indie Press Revolution

Meguey

Praise! This was awesome indeed. Thanks a ton, people who made empty shelves magically fill with books, and the books magically change into money.

Matt Wilson

What everyone else said. Well done. Awesome.

Nathan P.

Yep yep. Much awesomeness! And seeing how the one time I sat down at the cash register I immediately eff'd up, I'm totally appreciative of the register-monkeying that went on. It was essential and awesome.

Also thanks for counting stock, hauling boxes and, I imagine, re-counting stock at the end of the Con. We had a lot of books, and there were a lot of niggling logistics, and as far as I know you guys nailed em.

Thanks guys!
Nathan P.
--
Find Annalise
---
My Games | ndp design
Also | carry. a game about war.
I think Design Matters

Luke

Quote from: Malcolm on August 15, 2006, 08:11:13 PM
"Blimey! "

Malcolm,
Do you really say "Blimey" or is that just to help us reinforce cultural stereotypes?

-L

Judd

I was lugging 50 copies of the Dictionaries to the convention center and the 7 or 8 blocks from the Days Inn to the convention center was just too much.  I was straining and Alexander saved me, took the box the rest of the way to the booth and showed me where to get my badge.  Thank you, Alexander.

Brennan is The Man. 

That is all.

Ben Lehman

There's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said.

Thanks.

yrs--
--Ben

Gregor Hutton

The crew on the shop were great. Each and every one of you.

And Alexander is just amazing. I say we get him up on a chair for the breathing exercises every con.

Joe J Prince

Yeah, what they all said.

Incredible work for what seemed a logistic nightmare!

And Alexander's breathing exercises were genius, they really saved my voice.

Thanks guys!