News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Spirit of the Century: Quick Info Thread

Started by iago, August 15, 2006, 10:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iago

Spirit of the Century is an upcoming Pulp RPG using a newly revised, fresh, potent version of the Fate system.  You can find out much more about the game here:

http://www.evilhat.com/?spirit

SOTC is more than "just another pulp game".  We dig deep into the how's and why's of information management and adventure design.  We provide story hooks that are embedded into your character, other characters, and the environment -- and we put the power to activate those hooks in your hands.

SOTC will be available for preorder in hardcover and softcover form at Indie Press Revolution early next month (September 2006).  It clocks in at about 420 pages, 6x9 format.  Folks who preorder the game will get immediate access to the PDF; we're hoping to ship out the actual books by early November, at which point we'll put the PDF up for "solo" sale as well.

RPL

Is this book already available, even if it's only on pre-order?

iago

Quote from: RedPissLegion on August 31, 2006, 05:49:46 AM
Is this book already available, even if it's only on pre-order?

I've put in the request to get the preorder process set up, but that was late last evening.  Gotta give IPR a reasonable amount of time to do the set-up.

RPL

Groovie.

I sent and e-mail throu the Evilhat Productions website, I dont' know if it goes to you or not but basically I was hopping to get some info about the game to post in a Portuguese RPG Portal I'm part of, we try to keep the users up to date on new games being released and usually came up with two or three RPG fanatics that order everything in sight (me included).

So any info you may give on release dates, pre-orders, game structure/mechanic/what's it about/etc. would be great for me to post on our Portal (www.abreojogo.com).

Thanks.

iago

Here's the info that'll go with the listing:

SPIRIT OF THE CENTURY
A Pulp Pick-Up Role-Playing Game

The deadly Doctor Methuselah seeks to unravel time itself with his solution to the Eternity Equation... Gorilla Khan stalks darkest Africa from conquered Atlantis... Mad scientists, strange sorcerors, and power-hungry dictators all seek to undo the fate of humanity. It's the final century of the second millennium -- and you are our last hope!

Spirit of the Century is a complete, stand-alone pulp role-playing game based on the award-winning Fate system (Indie RPG Awards include: Best Free Game of 2003, Best Support, and Andy's Choice). Spirit features a heavily revised, revisited, and reimagined vision of Fate. Character creation can be done as quickly as a few minutes, or expand to take up an evening; adventure design is a snap with three methods for creating relevant, flavorful, player-focused stories at a moment's notice. Spirit's mission is to deliver an evening of fun, a "pick-up" game that requires little preparation, but provides hours of entertainment.

All you will need to play are some friends, some dice, and this book.

Product Info

420 pages, 6"x9" format, color cover, black and white interior book, in both softcover and hardcover (see below).

Preview Materials

Pricing

The limited edition hardcover, signed by the authors, which will ship in early November, for $50.

The softcover, also shipping in early November, for $30.

This preorder offer includes a free copy of the PDF version of the product at no additional cost, available in advance of the shipping date, only to preorder customers.

Both will be available for preorder once IPR gets a chance to process my request.  No specific ETA on that yet.

arete66

Ordered and eagerly anticipated.  The samples look great. 

Another excellent example, on first blush, of how the best Indie Games present systems that organically integrate with their genres.