News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Post-convention sales

Started by Matt Wilson, August 19, 2006, 06:29:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Wilson

I sold a moderate number of books at Gen Con. I didn't make money, after factoring my share of the booth, hotel, gas money, food, etc.

But here's the thing: I've made crazy sales in the last week.

In 2004 and 2005 I wasn't able to sell right away after returning, so I don't know if this is a common occurrence or something freakish.

Does anyone else have this experience? I mean with games that have been available for a while.

Justin D. Jacobson

Yes, the post-GC sales bump is pretty common. Many people use GC to browse and then buy through their normal channels when they get home.
Facing off against Captain Ahab, Dr. Fu Manchu, and Prof. Moriarty? Sure!

Passages - Victorian era, literary-based high adventure!

John Harper

Yep, it happened to me, too. Also, several people have told me that they want to wait and buy the book through IPR, so I expect another bump in sales when the books show up over there.
Agon: An ancient Greek RPG. Prove the glory of your name!

Jonathan Walton

I've probably sold 6-7 books since GenCon.  Since Push just came out, though, I'm unsure if this is special or normal.

Blankshield

I've had several sales since, mostly from Europe.  This matches my experience last year, and I suspect (the geographical aspect) may be relatively unique to Death's Door.  Barring convention sales, most of my sales are overseas.

James
I write games. My games don't have much in common with each other, except that I wrote them.

http://www.blankshieldpress.com/