News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Forge @ GenCon SoCal 2006

Started by Clinton R. Nixon, August 18, 2006, 02:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh Roby

Oh, and "I'm in" means "Me, my wife, and probably my two brothers and maybe my sister in law" in terms of bodies available to be booth monkeys.
On Sale: Full Light, Full Steam and Sons of Liberty | Developing: Agora | My Blog

Justin D. Jacobson

Quote from: Joshua BishopRoby on August 20, 2006, 06:39:08 PM
Might I suggest running "Smorgasbord" or "Speed Gaming" events, especially in the first couple days of the con, where people can play six games in a three-hour slot, and come away with a flyer listing off, "This is what you played, here's a short description to remind you, it's available at the Forge Booth for $X."
This is a great idea--even for Indy. Allow me to refine. You could run scheduled events of one-hour demos of three related games. For example: Indie Superhero Block (Capes, WGP, and something I'm forgetting), Indie Sci-Fi Block (Burning Empires, Dawning Star, Shock), etc. You could even have blocks by game elements and not just color, e.g., a narrativist block, a GMless block, etc.

Clinton, If I were able to come out for the first two days, would that fly?
Facing off against Captain Ahab, Dr. Fu Manchu, and Prof. Moriarty? Sure!

Passages - Victorian era, literary-based high adventure!

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: Justin D. Jacobson on August 20, 2006, 11:55:17 PM
Clinton, If I were able to come out for the first two days, would that fly?

That will fly great, especially since I will personally represent your stuff after that.

- Clinton
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Josh Roby

So how many confirmed do we have?  How many do we need?  By when?
On Sale: Full Light, Full Steam and Sons of Liberty | Developing: Agora | My Blog

Iskander

I'm working out being there to represent IPR, pending details of how much time off I'll get from my new job. If I'm really lucky I'll be able to wangle a business trip to Mountain View to cover part of the cost. Brennan and I will get back here as soon as we've figured our shit out.
Winning gives birth to hostility.
Losing, one lies down in pain.
The calmed lie down with ease,
having set winning & losing aside.

- Samyutta Nikaya III, 14

Jake Richmond

I'd like to come with Panty Explosion. What are we looking at cost wise? And will anyone share a room with me?

Jake

Jake Richmond

Hmm, actually looks like I have my room problem taken care of. So, what are we looking at cost wise per participant?

Gordon C. Landis

Clinton,

I can commit to being there, as a person (attendee/demoer/whatever).  As a publisher - are we taking similar buy-in numbers as the Indy booth?  If so, I can do that.   

Gordon
www.snap-game.com (under construction)

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: Gordon C. Landis on August 25, 2006, 01:56:07 AM
Clinton,

I can commit to being there, as a person (attendee/demoer/whatever).  As a publisher - are we taking similar buy-in numbers as the Indy booth?  If so, I can do that.   

Gordon

Gordon,

Luke, IPR, Justin, and I are talking it out right now, but yes.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

okiran

Hi y'all,
     I planned to attend SoCal this year but have found a distinct lack of indie game events scheduled (no offence to Panty Explotion, just not my kind of game).  If y'all have a booth and demos running I'll definitely stop by and spend some time (and perchance, money).  So, what I really want to know, are y'all going to have a booth or not?  Thanks!

Justin D. Jacobson

Short answer: Yes, we are having a booth.

I can't speak for Clinton, Luke, et al., but: I'd love to do schedule games, but I'm only out there for two days and I know the booth is a little short-staffed to begin with. So, I'm planning on concentrating on in-booth demos. However, since there won't be the congestion found at GC Indy, I expect these could be slightly longer and more in-depth. We'll see.
Facing off against Captain Ahab, Dr. Fu Manchu, and Prof. Moriarty? Sure!

Passages - Victorian era, literary-based high adventure!

Luke

I just checked the schedule. We have games, seminars and other events scheduled. Look for FORGE SoCal in the event listing.

-L

okiran

I found the SoCal Forge games in the events catalog.  But the only Full Light, Full Steam game w/ any open slots left (pirates) is the only w/ a senario I'm not interested in playing.  Damn.  Should of bought my badge sooner.

Luke

That's a shame. But often times when I'm at a convention keeping an open mind and playing in a game I'm not certain I'm interested is a great entry point to meeting new people and finding out about other games I am interested in.

At the very least, stop by the booth. We will be running demos.
-L

Josh Roby

Okay, everything is filling up?  I feel less weirded.

If anybody can explain to me why one FLFS game has no takers and the other three are full, though, I'd appreciate it, cause I'm stumped.