News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Questions, and more questions

Started by Clinton R. Nixon, May 24, 2002, 10:06:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clinton R. Nixon

Jake,

1) Grappling. What's going on there? Seriously. My real question: I want to tackle some random guy. What's my ATN?

2) Arming gloves. Cool as hell, but - what's my ATN/DTN with it? More specifically, if I'm going to block or bind with my arming glove and strike with my rapier, what am I rolling against with the arming glove. (Side note: we had a simultaneous block/strike from two rapier opponents at the same time last night - out of control.)

3) If I want to do something, and have no dice in my pool, but have a Spiritual Attribute that applies, can I? A better example: let's say I've pulled back a spear to throw it at the king, but haven't built up my missile pool at all. I do, however, have the SA "Drive: destroy government" at 4. Can I throw the spear with 4 dice?

4) If you could, could you clear up this permanent spell business? I know there's another thread, but there's about 3 or 4 answers over there.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Jake Norwood

Quote from: Clinton R Nixon
1) Grappling. What's going on there? Seriously. My real question: I want to tackle some random guy. What's my ATN?

2) Arming gloves. Cool as hell, but - what's my ATN/DTN with it? More specifically, if I'm going to block or bind with my arming glove and strike with my rapier, what am I rolling against with the arming glove. (Side note: we had a simultaneous block/strike from two rapier opponents at the same time last night - out of control.)

3) If I want to do something, and have no dice in my pool, but have a Spiritual Attribute that applies, can I? A better example: let's say I've pulled back a spear to throw it at the king, but haven't built up my missile pool at all. I do, however, have the SA "Drive: destroy government" at 4. Can I throw the spear with 4 dice?

4) If you could, could you clear up this permanent spell business? I know there's another thread, but there's about 3 or 4 answers over there.

1) For a tackle use "hand" as your weapon, at the end of the weapon list. ATN 5, but don't forget your range issue (on the other hand, you'll probably be charging, which constitues an aggressive stance bonus in my book).

2) Arming glove uses "hand" stats with a light chainmail AV (3) if struck directly.

3) Sounds great to me. That's what I'd do. I've even had players pull luck out for defense in situations where it's red/red...sure.

4) Done, on that thread.

Blut und eisen
Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Clinton R. Nixon

Cool: (1) and (2) are exactly how we ran things last night. (I forgot the range penalty on tackling, although it didn't matter - the character got batted like a fly before he could tackle anyone.)
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Jaif

One point - your missile pool is part aim, part proficiency.  With something as simple as a spear, I'd let a player use their aim stat and add the SAs.

-Jeff

Lyrax

Right Jaif.  However, they aren't talking about defaulting to a spear with zero proficiency.

I would say, Clinton, that the person should have his wit (or maybe half-wit) to attack with, plus any applicable SAs.
Lance Meibos
Insanity takes it's toll.  Please have exact change ready.

Get him quick!  He's still got 42 hit points left!