News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Getting together online

Started by Rattlehead, May 17, 2002, 06:43:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rattlehead

This might be bad form, but here goes...

Lance (Wolfen) and I have been using OpenRPG, a free program, to stage duels, chat, and spread the word about TROS.  Others are welcome to stop by and join in, or create your own game server.

You can get OpenRPG at www.openrpg.com. It's not perfect, there are a few bugs. But the price is right! It's a pretty handy program complete with die rollers and a chat interface. You can even set up macros for common rolls. There's also lots of other features, but I'm not here to advertise OpenRPG. I'm just inviting you all to join us there for some fun - and to bring others to the game.

See you there!

Brandon

PS: If you're looking to do more than duel, you can use OpenRPG for full-blown gaming as well, of course.
Grooby!

Lance D. Allen

I've been working on setting up some stuff for a customized RoS Server as well. I have a dieroller (one of the functions of OpenRPG) that I've modified to work with RoS, though I'm still working on getting the fumble rules in there. If you pick up OpenRPG, let me know and I'll send you some stuff.
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls

Brian Leybourne

Hopefully, the combat sim I'm writing will eventually support ip games across the internet. That wont help you with full-on roleplaying of course, but at least combat will be easy.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Draigh

Drink to the dead all you, still alive.
We shall join them, in good time.
If you go crossing that silvery brook it's best to leap before you look.

Mokkurkalfe

Quote from: DraighFool!!

I´m not sure I understand what you mean...
Joakim (with a k!) Israelsson

Jake Norwood

Draigh-

Wrong time, wrong place. I've never moderated this forum in any kind of traditional sense, and I don't want to start. Please make your posts constructive, or chat by private message.

Thanks

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Rattlehead

LOL! Don't sweat it Jake. I know this guy. I think I told you about him. He's the one who sold all of his D&D 3e stuff after he bought TROS. He's a crackhead, but he's a friend... He's part of my local gaming crowd. What tipped me off was the subject line of his post. I've been going by Rattlehead online for years - and he's been making fun of my nick the whole time... LOL.

Anyway, he's "mostly harmless"...  ;-)

Brandon

PS: Brian, his post was directed at me, as indicated by his subject line. Hope you didn't misunderstand.
Grooby!

Bob Richter

Quote from: RattleheadThis might be bad form, but here goes...

Lance (Wolfen) and I have been using OpenRPG, a free program, to stage duels, chat, and spread the word about TROS.  Others are welcome to stop by and join in, or create your own game server.

PS: If you're looking to do more than duel, you can use OpenRPG for full-blown gaming as well, of course.

I must agree in endorsing OpenRPG as an excellent way to play The Riddle of Steel online, though it has a lot of functions (like a map) that you probably won't need. :)

If someone wants to volunteer to Seneschal, we could set up some regular online sessions.
So ye wanna go earnin' yer keep with yer sword, and ye think that it can't be too hard...

Jake Norwood

Quote from: RattleheadLOL! Don't sweat it Jake. I know this guy. I think I told you about him. He's the one who sold all of his D&D 3e stuff after he bought TROS. He's a crackhead, but he's a friend... He's part of my local gaming crowd. What tipped me off was the subject line of his post. I've been going by Rattlehead online for years - and he's been making fun of my nick the whole time... LOL.

Anyway, he's "mostly harmless"...  ;-)

Brandon

PS: Brian, his post was directed at me, as indicated by his subject line. Hope you didn't misunderstand.

Doh! Now I feel like an ass... Oh well, just trying to be all orderly and stuff... At least he likes the game. :-D

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Lance D. Allen

QuoteI must agree in endorsing OpenRPG as an excellent way to play The Riddle of Steel online, though it has a lot of functions (like a map) that you probably won't need. :)

If someone wants to volunteer to Seneschal, we could set up some regular online sessions.

If my attempts to bring TRoS to my gaming group fail, Thursday nights will be free for me again.. If anyone's interested, and Thursdays are good for 'em, I'm game.

And actually, that map can be used for a lot more than just miniatures, Bob. I've played with it a little, and I think I've got some really neat ideas for different things it could be used for. If I ever get a game going, rather than just occasional duels in OpenRPG, then I'll have to try some of those ideas out.
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing

Bob Richter

Quote from: Wolfen
And actually, that map can be used for a lot more than just miniatures, Bob. I've played with it a little, and I think I've got some really neat ideas for different things it could be used for. If I ever get a game going, rather than just occasional duels in OpenRPG, then I'll have to try some of those ideas out.

What were you thinking of using it for?

I was thinking that maybe you could use it as a place to keep charts and stuff or something.
So ye wanna go earnin' yer keep with yer sword, and ye think that it can't be too hard...

Lance D. Allen

QuoteI was thinking that maybe you could use it as a place to keep charts and stuff or something.

That's one possible use. It could also be used for player handouts (just create an image and post it to a website, then link to it at the appropriate times) images of monsters and such (Suddenly, from out of the cave comes....... THIS!!!!) The players could also use the whiteboard for tactical planning and such, as I've often used in Shadowrun as part of the pre-mission preparations...

Okay, so this is the building. I'll be here (marks "here" with an X) while you guys come in through here (marking "here" with an arrow) Once you have taken out the guards that we have observed here, and here (marked) I'll move in through this point, and we can meet up here.

Y'know, REAL tactics, as opposed to "What modifiers do I get if I use the Charge maneuver? Okay, that's worth it, so I Charge the monster."

These are just a few ideas that I have thought of. For the images, loading times might be prohibitive, but it may be useful for adding color to your games.
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing

Draigh

Thanks for defending me in my abcess Brandon...
Muahahhahahahahah!
ummmm, anyway...
Jake:

Great fucking game man...

umm, yeah.
later
G
Drink to the dead all you, still alive.
We shall join them, in good time.
If you go crossing that silvery brook it's best to leap before you look.

Lyrax

Thursday isn't so bad, but is anyone available Tuesday or Wednesday?  I seem to be free those days fairly often (though I work at a grocery store, so you never know...)

Draigh - Your enthusiasm is duly appreciated, but please watch your language.
Lance Meibos
Insanity takes it's toll.  Please have exact change ready.

Get him quick!  He's still got 42 hit points left!