News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Personality Traits and Relationships

Started by rstites, August 22, 2006, 12:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaxalon

What do you need health levels for?  Just assign impediments (-1, -10%, etc) as wounds.
"In our game the other night, Joshua's character came in as an improvised thing, but he was crap so he only contributed a d4!"
                                     --Vincent Baker

Lamorak33

Quote from: Vaxalon on August 24, 2006, 08:13:20 AM
What do you need health levels for?  Just assign impediments (-1, -10%, etc) as wounds.

Agreed. They act like health levels already. Having said that, if we are to continue other crunchy methods then we should move to a new thread. I broke the rules by diverting the thread. My bad.

Regards
Rob

rstites

Quote from: Lamorak33 on August 24, 2006, 05:31:49 AM
If you really want to crunch it up, then why not run all combats as a series of simple contests, with a damage level system similar to the world of darkness games. Thus the loser of a combat roll loses the appropriate number of health levels?

Regards
Rob

Rob,

I'm not really interested in "crunching it up" and I'm a little confused on what gave that impression.  I'm not all that interested in detailed combats for HQ, and since I'm apparently one of the minority that like HQ and RQ equally I'll just go back to RQ for a crunchier/detailed take on Glorantha. 

I'll go with the tangent a little though.  First, I'm not familiar with world of darkness games at all.  Second, I think the easiest way to handle something  like this in HQ is just to have a negative augment that applies to all abilities until it's healed:  basically just an ability that is a flaw like "Wounded 17",  etc.

Ross

Lamorak33

Ross

My mistake, apologies. I am also a fan of Runequest and Heroquest, so you are not alone.

I say stick with Heroquest. Have you thought about posting to Actual play. I'd love to hear how your game develops, what period and location in Glorantha you are playing, etc.

Regards
Rob

rstites

Quote from: Lamorak33 on August 24, 2006, 11:35:47 AM
Ross

My mistake, apologies. I am also a fan of Runequest and Heroquest, so you are not alone.

I say stick with Heroquest. Have you thought about posting to Actual play. I'd love to hear how your game develops, what period and location in Glorantha you are playing, etc.

Regards
Rob

Rob,

No problem.  I wasn't offended or anything...just confused.  I'm definitely sticking with HQ for this group.  It's the better match for them.  (I actually have a longtime RQ campaign that's been going for 7+ years that I play via email some and when I visit my parents, for good old fashioned marathon sessions.  I'll happily run either and just base it off what fits the players best.)

I might post to Actual play.  We'll have to see how much ambition I have! :)  We're playing the resettlement of Dragon Pass - basically the King of Dragon Pass game.  I posted another thread that talks about it some.

Ross