News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

intellectual and emotional "combat"

Started by Der_Renegat, September 27, 2006, 01:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Der_Renegat

Interesting thread on rpg.net about intellectual and emotional "combat":

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=288090

A lot of inspirational ideas for HQ !
I like this part a lot:

• Clothing worn by the attacker can put the target at an attacker. A suit may be initimidating, a uniform may be frightening, and casual clothes may put the target off-guard.
  • A telephone let's you "attack at range" as such. It also let's you do so stealthily, if done correctly: "We know what you did last night #click#".
  • Television allows attacks aimed at a group of people, or causes a larger effect because more people see it.
  • A note is kind of like a telephone, but can be scarier if placed in the correct location - like on the target's pillow.
  • A badge, or other symbol, is kind of a subset of clothing, but different enough to warrant it's own mention. Flash a badge, and people act different.
  • Put people under a spot light, and they'll suffer more "damage" from attacks.
  • Read up on interrogation techniques, I'm sure there's some good "weapons" there.

Reminds me of StarWars:
stormtroopers plate armor
(fearsome looking helmet)
identity hidden behind armor
distorted voice
doctrine of fear
big, frightening looking blaster
intimidating group

Christian

Mike Holmes

Cool ideas. This is what I love about HQ, that you get to incorporate all sorts of things like this into contests. Remember all those games in which you'd write down your character's cool outfit? But how it was just color? In HQ, that might have a mechanical effect on a contest!   :-)

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.