News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[MLWM] meeting no criteria for an epilogue

Started by andrew_kenrick, August 09, 2006, 11:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_kenrick

I ran my first game of MLWM last night, and it mostly went well (I'll post a report here later). We did find a slight hitch though ... When testing for epilogues at the end of the game, one of my players found that he didn't meet the criteria for any of them! He finished up with Self Loathing 3, Weariness 4, Love 4, and Fear and Reason were both 3.

So what happens in this case?

I bodged it by telling him to go with the one he came closest too, which in the end was somewhat unfulfilling (he died), and I think it lessened his enjoyment of the whole thing as a result.
Andrew Kenrick
www.steampowerpublishing.com
Dead of Night - a pocket sized game of b-movie and slasher horror

Jonas Ferry

There's an errata for that situation. If Self-loathing + Weariness is equal to Love + Reason, the minion finds a new Master. I've had some great and tragic minions go that way - when they're suddenly free they don't know what to do and find someone else who can abuse them. If you're going to meet the same people again you can let him change the epilogue next time. That might make the memory of the character better, as long as you're all ok with "changing the past".

I'm interested in how the session went, so please write an actual play report.
One Can Have Her, film noir roleplaying in black and white.

Check out the indie RPG category at Wikipedia.

andrew_kenrick

QuoteI'm interested in how the session went, so please write an actual play report.

As requested, an actual play.
Andrew Kenrick
www.steampowerpublishing.com
Dead of Night - a pocket sized game of b-movie and slasher horror