News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

2nd Edition Hero Wars and HeroQuest

Started by wyrdlyng, May 10, 2002, 04:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wyrdlyng

So, can someone tell me if there will ever be a 2nd (or at least cleaned up) edition of Hero Wars? Heroquest seems to be a seperate game but is it replacing the 2nd Edition? I've picked up on some of the differences between the two but where does everything (product-wise) stand now?
Alex Hunter
Email | Web

Ron Edwards

Hi Alex,

This thread brought up this question earlier. The answer appears to be that Hero Wars 2nd Edition is "renamed" Hero Quest.

Speaking strictly personally, I think that HQ can properly be considered Hero Wars substantially cleaned up, reorganized, and with certain rules corrections. As usual, I hasten to add that I am not part of Issaries Inc and am not making an official statement of any kind.

Best,
Ron

Ian O'Rourke

Hero Quest is Hero Wars 2nd Edition it is as simple as that if you want it in brief - the reasons for the branding and the long story behind who owned the name Hero Quest when and why is another matter.
Ian O'Rourke
www.fandomlife.net
The e-zine of SciFi media and Fandom Culture.

wyrdlyng

Good. I held off on buying Hero Wars primarily from complaints regarding horrendous layout and editing problems. While I'm familiar with Glorantha (mostly through 3rd edition RQ and some of the supplements) I'm still a relative newcomer (like trying to read King of Sartar really just hurt my head). And so long as the current books are compatible I'm even happier.

Thanks for the clarification.
Alex Hunter
Email | Web