News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Highest Legend Benefits

Started by Darren Hill, August 25, 2006, 09:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Hill

According to the rules, the Hero with the highest Legend gets a +2 Orate in leadership-type contests. I like this.
But, possibly inspired by Ralph's Greatest Deeds idea, I'd like to give a bonus to the player of the character who has the highest Legend hero.
As I see it, this would be a bonus the player can use for whichever character he is currently playing, so long as the character on the Legend sheet with the highest Legend was his.

So, for instance, let's say Bob plays Attilos, and gets to a legend of 30 - the highest anyone has yet achieved.
Bob, while playing Attilos,enjoys that leadership bonus above.
But then Attilos  dies, and Bob starts playing Doreius.
The highest legend in the group is now 25, a character played by Jim.
So Jim's character gets the leadership bonus.

Under this scheme, Bob would still have some sort of bonus, a reward for being the player who has achieved the highest Legend with a character. He'd be able to use that bonus with Doreius.
But then, when Jim's character surpassed (or equalled?) the record set by Attilos, that bonus would transfer to him.

I think this is a cool idea. But what sort of bonus should it be? It doesn't have to be big. It's just something to give a bit of mechanical weight to the Greatest Legend. Any ideas?

iago

Quote from: Darren Hill on August 25, 2006, 09:20:35 AM
I think this is a cool idea. But what sort of bonus should it be? It doesn't have to be big. It's just something to give a bit of mechanical weight to the Greatest Legend. Any ideas?

Subsequent character starts with 8 divine favor instead of 7.

Darren Hill

Well, it would have to be a transferable bonus rather than a fixed bonus, I think.
That said, your suggestion is very close to the only one I've been able to come up with so far:
* If the character on the Legend Sheet with Highest Legend was one for yours, then your current character has one extra Divine Favour Box.
* As soon as another player gets a character with the Highest Legend, you lose that box.