News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Galactic]Karlsruhe Playtest: Session 0 - Smugglers and Battlestars

Started by Pyromancer, September 11, 2006, 09:02:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyromancer

Two weeks ago I finally managed to gather my Galactic-Playtest-Crew. A somewhat more details report (in German) can be found at

http://grofafo.org/index.php/topic,28847.0.html

To summarize it: We had a ton of fun just going through the creation process!
We missed a list of sample character and planet names and a place on the character sheet for the ship's name; we had a brief discussion concerning spaceship propulsion, even including a 2nd ed. GURPS Space (wonder where that came from *g*); and we struggled a while with the vice and virtue concept for a rather criminal captain with criminal connections, but since vices and virtues aren't part of the game any more that problem seems to be solved.

I especially liked the creation of the galaxy map. Tossing coins around the table is really funny, everybody should try it. And it's amazing how much work you can transfer from the GM to the other players.

The first "real play" session is sheduled for (or more precicely: postponed to) October, and I hope a rules update will be availabe before then.

-Tobias

TonyLB

I ... don't suppose we could get a translation of the more detailed reports in english?

I know, I know, anglocentric of me.  I am actually flushing with shame typing this.  But at the same time ... I'd like to see more details.
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

Pyromancer

Frank T

Hi Tony,

Google translations aren't perfect, but most of the time, they get across the basic meaning. Also, they sound like Yoda.

- Frank