News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

octaNe: pings and knocks

Started by Jared A. Sorensen, May 07, 2002, 07:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J B Bell

Quote from: Jared A. SorensenMaybe I should have a contest? "Guess why the N is capitalized. win a prize!"

Uh, Narrativist?  *duck*

--JB
"Have mechanics that focus on what the game is about. Then gloss the rest." --Mike Holmes

Ben Morgan

From what I remember from the text of the original version, the N was capitalized because it looked cool. But I could be wrong. :)
-----[Ben Morgan]-----[ad1066@gmail.com]-----
"I cast a spell! I wanna cast... Magic... Missile!"  -- Galstaff, Sorcerer of Light

Joe Murphy (Broin)

N is for Neville who died of ennui?

Goth.

Joe.

Bailey

Quote from: Jared A. SorensenMaybe I should have a contest? "Guess why the N is capitalized. win a prize!"

Heh.

Because it looks cool.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON

xiombarg

Well, tho I suspect the real answer is the oft-given "it looks cool", here's my answer:

The N represents the ancient Atlantian glyph "Negdora". Combined with the rest of the octaNe logo, it forms the Atlantian sigil-phrase that means "superheated waterblood explosion", which taps into the primal memories of all modern-day humans (desecendants of the ape-slaves of the True Atlantians, who were the dolphins while they still lived on land) of the cool orgone-powered horseless chariots that the Atlantian nobles used to ride.

In other words, it triggers the Primal Hot Rod Achetype.
love * Eris * RPGs  * Anime * Magick * Carroll * techno * hats * cats * Dada
Kirt "Loki" Dankmyer -- Dance, damn you, dance! -- UNSUNG IS OUT

Galfraxas

I personally think that the N in octaNe is capatalized as part of a message that Jared is revealing to us letter by letter. This message contains Jared's exact plan to take over the world through Narrativist RPGs.

Tim Boser
Imagination is the key to inner peace. Do you know which door it lies behind?

Matt Machell

Veering back toward Jared's original post. Why not make some sort of funky pre play brainstorming session part of the game, so the group makes the setting they want to play with? Then give an example of how you did it (with some weird ass spider diagram, that'd be cool).

Matt

Ace

Quote from: xiombarg
Well, tho I suspect the real answer is the oft-given "it looks cool", here's my answer:

The N represents the ancient Atlantian glyph "Negdora". Combined with the rest of the octaNe logo, it forms the Atlantian sigil-phrase that means "superheated waterblood explosion", which taps into the primal memories of all modern-day humans (desecendants of the ape-slaves of the True Atlantians, who were the dolphins while they still lived on land) of the cool orgone-powered horseless chariots that the Atlantian nobles used to ride.

In other words, it triggers the Primal Hot Rod Achetype.

Wow! That explains so much :)