News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Countdown] Want An Easy Game To Playtest?

Started by Nathan P., August 29, 2006, 09:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan P.

Hey all,

I've been thinking about my 2006 Game Chef entry, Countdown (available to download here), and I think it would be worth doing some playtesting. Here's the "easy" part: it's a game designed solely and only for play-by-email, and specifically for "sit down, see whats happening, bang-out-a-post and be done with it" play. From the contest entry blurb:

Quote from: Countdown BlurbCountdown is designed solely for play-by-email, built to maximize the formats advantages and minimize its problems. Every game is a race against the clock to stop something horrible from happening. The unique situation and characters for each game are collaboratively created, and play covers 8 hours worth of email-timestamp-indicated sessions.

So, if anyone is interested in playtesting this, all you need to do is either PM or email (n-dot-d-dot-paoletta-at-gmail-dot-com) me with your email address! This thread is good for comments or questions, or publicly posting your interest if you are so inclined. I feel like it may take about a week to fully play out, with one or two emails a day? Maybe? Well, thats the point of playtesting!

Thanks!
Nathan P.
--
Find Annalise
---
My Games | ndp design
Also | carry. a game about war.
I think Design Matters

Nathan P.

Thanks to all the respondants! I really appreciate it. If I haven't replied to you, it's because my days suddenly got totally full, and I just haven't gotten back to you yet. But I will at some point this weekend.

Thanks again!
Nathan P.
--
Find Annalise
---
My Games | ndp design
Also | carry. a game about war.
I think Design Matters