News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Running Out of Budget

Started by Christopher Kubasik, September 09, 2006, 03:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher Kubasik

I know this has been covered. But my Search-Fu is failing me.

What happens when the Producer's budget is eptied out? Does game play change in any way? Or do you just keep playing with Fan Mail harder to get?

Oh, and is there's something I'm missing about game play? It seems to me that whether or not the budget dries up is random -- you spend a fan mail -- and there's a 50-50 chance it will either go back to Budget or be removed from play, right?

Anyone who wants to jump in here is welcome. I'm running this puppy in six hours.

(A cool note: It used to be when I was running a game I'd be all caught up in color and pre-planning of story. Can't do that now. All that I can do is foucs on the rules and get a better handle on them!)
"Can't we for once just do what we're supposed to do -- and then stop?
Lemonhead, The Shield

Ben Lehman

If the producer's budget runs out, there is only one die in all conflicts and it's probably time to wind up the episode.

Remember that there's a new budget for each episode.  Budget doesn't and shouldn't last forever.

yrs--
--Ben

Christopher Kubasik

Thanks Ben,

And I finally found the thread that coverd it all.

Okay, so running out of budget is a self-inflicted clock. The players will make sure so spend Fan Mail to make sure the producer has funds, but as those funds dwindle, everyone knows the conflicts will get less edgy, so it's time to drive to the episode's finish.

Got it.

Christopher
"Can't we for once just do what we're supposed to do -- and then stop?
Lemonhead, The Shield