News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Special Rules for the Blessed, Chosen, Etc.

Started by Steven Stewart, September 23, 2006, 08:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Stewart

Hiya Seth and Community,

I read your blog version of Alyria. Really cool. Just a quick quesiton, in the sample scenario you mention that one of the characters follows the rules for the Blessed, but I couldn't find any special rules. Am I missing somethiing?

Steve

P.S. nice to see someone else in the gaming community not afraid to speak of matters of spirituality and faith.

"Reach out your hand if your cup be empty, if your cup is full may it be again"

http://www.freewebs.com/blamdesign/index.htm

GreatWolf

You know, once upon a time there were some rules for the Blessed, but I must have pulled them.  They were pretty simple, though.  A Blessed character could sacrifice a "point" from an Attribute to get a reroll.  (For example, click down your Force from Terce to Lauds.)  This loss was permanent and represented the Mark that you earned.  I'm guessing that I pulled them because it seemed like it was inappropriate system emphasis for a specific item.

As far as the Gifts of the Chosen and dragon cultists, I've generally seen them as being a supernatural extension of a Trait.  So, for example, a cultist with a Trait of Cutting Words might narrate an occasional Gift where he is able to discern a person's darkest secret so that he can know how best to incite or insult him.
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown