News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Nexus] Does this have the information you might need?

Started by Aussigamer, September 25, 2006, 08:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Edwards

Hey.

The failure is with you guys. When the dude wants to talk about flamethrower-distance or the appearance of his stats, and you don't get it, then don't post. I'm getting a little annoyed with the reflexive "answer the big three!" responses I'm seeing a lot. Some people need them. Others don't.

Eero's right in that what Rick wanted was clear - he wanted a skill-heavier, more detailed experience for the d20-ish game he's designing. Do you have expertise in such a game? Then align with his goals and help him. Oh, you don't? Then don't post. You'll note I didn't, except at one point to tell people to stay on track with the flamethrower, and that's why not.

I see no reason at any point, in his threads, for any of you to have decided to "enlighten" him and talk about tennis vs. jogging, in Eero's terms. He wanted to make these fancy shoes for jogging. He's not clueless. Help him with what he wants! He didn't ask for deconstructive higher-level perspectives and I don't blame him for getting irritated when you all tried to drag him that way.

This thread's closed. If you want to be scolded more, bring it up in Site Discussion. I'm not real happy with what I've seen.

Best, Ron