News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Forum necrology: A question for the moderator

Started by Sindyr, September 27, 2006, 08:56:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sindyr

I know there is some rule about posting in older thread, but I was involved in several conversations a couple of months ago when I had a few different more important things come up, as happens in my life from time to time.

Now I am back and ready to dive back in - am I allowed to go back to these conversation threads and continue them as if no time has past?  What are the forum rules about how I re-engage the conversations I had been having, now that I am returned?

Thanks.  Raring to go, hoping that life affords me time to re-engage on these forums.  Hopefully I won't get called away again for some time.
-Sindyr

Vaxalon

The usual way to do it is to create a new thread with links to the "dead" threads.
"In our game the other night, Joshua's character came in as an improvised thing, but he was crap so he only contributed a d4!"
                                     --Vincent Baker

Sindyr

Further question:  How old can a thread be to respond to it directly without starting a new one that links to the old one? A month?

Also: Would still like to hear from the forum mod on the original questions above, if he can confirm the best practice Vax suggested.
-Sindyr

TonyLB

I haven't really made any rules.

That having been said ... if you're thinking that it's borderline, why on earth not make a new thread?  New threads get better readership than some post at the end of a monster of a ten page thread, anyway.  Nobody wants to wade through all that.

'kay?
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

Sindyr

Sounds good, I've been doing just that with any thread a month old or older.

And what, no "welcome back"?

Sheesh!

(grin)
-Sindyr

TonyLB

Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum