News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Let's see your gear.

Started by Matthew Glover, August 29, 2006, 10:06:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew Glover

On Saturday I finally found china pencils.  Last night I finally bought myself a decent set of poker chips (read that as: it was on super sale) in a handy case.  These were the last two things that I really needed to round out my Capes kit.  Well, aside from regular Capes players, but that's a different thread.  Here's my stuff:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mglover/228218149/

Do you have cool gear?  Let's see it!

joshua neff

Very nice, Matthew!

I've thought about taking a box from some boardgame I don't play, decorating it with pictures from comics, and loading up the box with Capes gear.
--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes

drnuncheon

My "Budget Indy Games Box" is down in the car, but consists of:

One (1) plastic file card box
One (1) package of 4x6 index cards (for character sheets or tracking Capes goals)
Two (2) packages of dollar store poker chips (in black, blue, and red - I'm going to need to find another color for Mortal Coil, I guess)
Three (3) packages of dollar store dice - 4 each of white, blue, red, yellow, and green. (I'd like to get some black dice for DRYH)
Assorted scrounged writing implements from around the house.

Total cost, about $10 (again, aside from the rulebooks). 

What I'd really like is to find a box sized to fit the digest-sized books.  Alternately, I suppose I could reprint the PDFs at half-size, but I don't think I really need the eyestrain...

Sindyr

My Gear:
-Packs of Yellow Note Card sized Post-It - stay on the table where you stick 'em.
-Multicolored Markers - each player takes a different color to write their Conflicts with, so you *always* know who created it.
-Generic Plastic Markers of various colors that match the Markers.  Can be placed near the Conflict's side to indicate Alliance of the player whose color it is, or *on* the notecard to indicate Claim.
-A ton of red and blue six sided dice (stolen from a game I have called Chase)
a large stack of Blue and Purple Poker chips - Blue = debt, Purple = Story Tokens.
-Two copies of each character module half (right and left) with the left side cut out (by hand) to quickly make characters with these overlays. (handmade)
-A purple and a green Koosh Ball.  The purple koosh ball stay wish the page starter, the green gets passed around to indicate who's action it is.  When the green and purple meet, it's time for a new page and both are passed to the next player to start the new page.
-The Capes book.
-CD's with the Capes pdf burned o them, since Tony has allowed me to give them to my players (more like insisted, lol)
-A clipboard with a pad of graph paper
-A dozen Half Page sheets of heroic and villainous drives.
-soon to be added: A prinout of the FAQ stuff, noting which FAQ items are clarifications of rules already in the book itself, and which rules are new additions not present in the book at all, and therefor optional.
-Sindyr