News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

insight rewards

Started by malum, May 16, 2002, 02:11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

malum

when you have bonus priorities for insight rewards, do the extra priorities cancell out lower priorities (for example instead of abcdef, you have abcdee) or do you get bonus points (like using and a and one of your two  e's on attributes, giving you 78 points)

Rattlehead

I got hung up on that too, for a bit. Lance (Wolfen) helped me get it straight. Think of it like this: You have 6 Priorities and 6 Catagories to put them in. Rather than giving you more priorities than you have catagories, it just improves the value of the priorities you have. Quality not Quantity, so to speak.

So rather than having ABCDEF starting out, a character with Insight bonuses could get ABCDEE (at the bottom end of the scale), or AAABCD (at the other end) - depending on what it says in table 3.5 on page 68.

Others can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, of course. But I think this is how it's supposed to work...

Hope that helps,

Brandon
Grooby!

Lance D. Allen

Actually, the way I thought of it was more like this...

If your Insight category gives you a bonus E priority, then you get ABCDEEF. That's seven priority levels, but you still only have 6 categories.. If somehow it would be more in keeping with the concept for the new character to use that F, you can. I don't see why you would do so in most cases, but I think it best if the option is there. However, I do NOT say that stacking priorities is kosher.. I'm not Jake, but I'm pretty sure I'm on solid ground with this one.
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls

Jake Norwood

The Rattlehead/Wolfen method is the one for me, yessiree!

Stacking seems a bit too generous...but, as always, do it any way you want, so long as it's fun.

Jake

ps. I hate responding to these kinds of threads because the discussion is lively and entertaining, and because most of you get it right in line with "how I woulda done it," and it justifies me and my poor little book in seeing that. Just so you all know, I read EVERY post that comes through this forum, although I often try to let you all answer your own questions.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Rattlehead

Quote from: Jake NorwoodI often try to let you all answer your own questions.

Aww crap! He wants us to think for ourselves! Where's the leadership, man?

Brandon
Grooby!

Jake Norwood

Well, the fact is that I'm like Caesar, and you all are my gladiators. I could order one of you killed, but it's much more fun to watch and see what happens, then give the thumbs up or down when I see something that moves me.

My comment DOESN'T mean to stop posting questions or asking for judegement calls, but it does mean that I prefer to see what you all have to say first, and if I don't reply it's only because I like what I see.

There's more than one path to the Riddle.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Rattlehead

Quote from: Jake NorwoodWell, the fact is that I'm like Caesar, and you all are my gladiators. I could order one of you killed, but it's much more fun to watch and see what happens, then give the thumbs up or down when I see something that moves me.

LOL!  I know we've been praising your game a lot, but I didn't realize we'd pumped your ego that much!  ;-)

Brandon
Grooby!