News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Primordia] Group of character traits

Started by Christian Liberg, November 08, 2006, 02:12:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christian Liberg

Hey guys.

In my game primordia im going to run with a few character mechanics, which is measured in Trust, Trustworthiness and Connections.

Trust is an aquired stat, which changes through the entire story, and reflects how you are viewed upon in Primordia by your peers, its also a factor which shows a characters superiors opinion on the single character, and his competence.

Trustworthiness is an inherent ability, sort of like personal magnetism or charisma, its a factor used when you meet characters who have never hear about you, or dont know your reputation.

Connections are earned through the game, and are NPC's throughout the world who thinks you are a great guy, and would really want to help you in the future.

Now im in the process of creating a alpha character sheet for this game, and i sort of need a name for these three "traits" but i have no idea what category title could encompass all of them.

Any ideas???

Wood

What, like a collective name?

How about "Qualities"?

Christian Liberg

Wood.

Excactly like a collective name,

Qualities could be used, but im more going for a more alien-like name, without being anything sci-fi.

but Qualities could definitely be used.

Chris

Troy_Costisick

Heya,

If you're just looking for a catagory name that is like "quality" there's lots to choose from.  Aspect, Attribute, Base, Excellence, Virtue, Element, Essence, Merit, Aura, Set, Particularity, etc. etc. etc.

But the thing is, why do you feel you need a catagory name?  What are you, as the designer, trying to communicate about your game and the way it's played through this catagory?  What message are you trying to send and why?

Peace,

-Troy

Christian Liberg

Hey Troy

I am in the prospect of creating a character sheet, and in order to try and get a little overview of the character sheet, i would group these 3 things ( trust - trustworthyness - Connections ) on the character sheet.

the game is all about Cooperation in spite of despair. In short the player characters are playing created characters. Created characters in a world which is doomed. The world is diminishing, and apparently nothing can be done about stopping it. The powers that be, in an act of desperation decides to conquer another world. This is the task at hand for the characters ( in my game called avatars )

My intention with the category name, is in addition to making an "easy" understandable character sheet, is to portray that part of cooperation in spite of despair.

Chris