News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Burning Empires] Cheat sheet for Firefight

Started by tonyd, October 07, 2006, 08:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonyd

Whenever I play a new game, I create a number of cheat sheets for my own use. I have a very visual mind, and not a great memory, so the cheat sheets end up being pretty important. When we played Burning Wheel, my group kept bugging me to write up my cheat sheets and put them online, but I was worried that they wouldn't make any sense to anyone but me. So when Burning Empires came along, I decided to do up a few "deluxe" cheat sheets with all the whistles and bells.

Here's what I came up with for Firefight:

http://tony.dowler.com/images/BE_Firefight.pdf

As a disclaimer, I designed it to be a standalone peice of artwork as much as a cheat sheet. It should still be functional, although others can probably judge that better than I can. I'm not sure anyone will acutally use it, but if they do, I'd love to hear how (whether) it worked and how it could be improved.
"Come on you lollygaggers, let's go visit the Thought Lords!"

Mayuran

Hey Tony-

This is neat. I can definitely see this as being useful for players to get a grasp of the rules before the firefight goes down.

You should share on in the BE Wiki.

peace,

Mayuran

Anemone

LOL!  It's like HoL meets the Wheel.  I have to say, it prompts the eye to go through and follow the convolutions!  :-)
Anemone

Dame of the Sacred Order of the Emerald Frog, for services to the Empire, by the express command of His Zantabulousness the Zorcerer of Zo

drozdal

Tony I've meant to post it earlier, and just say that it's amazing! Thank you so much for this.

tonyd

Thanks guys. It's awesome to hear people think your stuff is cool. :)  I'm going to post this and another cheat sheet I made for tests, resources, and circles on the Burning Wiki when I get a free momentl

drozdal

Quote from: tonyd on October 31, 2006, 01:08:15 PM
Thanks guys. It's awesome to hear people think your stuff is cool. :)  I'm going to post this and another cheat sheet I made for tests, resources, and circles on the Burning Wiki when I get a free momentl
Great. Have you got BW? I'd love to see similar sheet for Fight, Dow and range and cover... ;)

tonyd

I did do some of these for my own use (not as fancy) back when we played BW, but I'm not happy with my Fight! sheet. Somehow I've never gotten the Fight rules down quite right.

T