News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

siehe characters

Started by malum, May 16, 2002, 07:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

malum

i am a little confused about how to make individual siehe characters. the book gives them all the same bonuses, but it mentions there being many different kinds of seelie and unseelie. so, if i wanted to make a fairy, would i automatically give it the flight ability? or if i made a banshee, would i give it some sort of voice attack? or a ghost, would it be able to pass through walls, ect.

Nick the Nevermet

I think that a lot of the possibilities for non-human characters will be clarified a bit by the fey sourcebook when that gets out.

With that being said, you're right; there isn't much spelled out information on what various seelie and unseelie can do, other than simply stating there are a lot of different kinds.  I think the dwarf race is an example, to show what kind of bonuses and abilities such a race should/would have.

I'd also be very sensitive about non-human player characters.  The world really isn't designed to make playing one very easy, plus the high race priority take away from other aspects of the PC.

Jake Norwood

I actually, depending on the campaign, would love to have a fairy. Flight would be arranged by a very simple spell made permanent (or at least constantly held), as I think that fairy wings are more symbolic than anything. Remember that we don't care AT ALL for standard "game balance" issues, and while the rules aren't real munchkin prone, I'd love to see all kinds of siehe.

I had always planned on having a little siehe gallery on the web page, with lots of weird ones. Do what you want, and make any siehe you want.

jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant