News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Dice Pool Change and Conflict Resolution

Started by mratomek, November 16, 2006, 08:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mratomek

Once upon a time, I used a system that simply converted your score into dice which you then rolled. If your score was 4, you used a D4; a 6, D6; etc.

That seemed to throw people.

So I have decided to go wiht the tried and true 2D6--but with a small twist. A character must score higher than his opponent in order to hit him. The roll is open ended, so the higher the total, the greater the damage that can be done.

Now, since the game is super heroes, I wanted it to have superlative moments. So, if you roll doubles, you double your total dice. Double 6s is worth 24; double 5s, 20; double 4s, 15; etc.

It seems to work great. Just wondering if there was any insight out there.
MrAtomek

Once upon a time ... the Earth needed to be saved ... on a regular basis.

Super Force Seven
Tactical RPG / Miniatures Wargame

www.superforceseven.com

Ron Edwards

When you say, "it seems to work great," is that from playtesting?

If so, then this should go into the Playtesting forum.

Once the thread finds a home (here or there), then I'll chime in with some comments.

Best, Ron

mratomek

Hey Ron,

I wasn't sure where to post it. I thought about posting in playtesting, but the conversation could exist outside of a playtest session. So I thought it should go in here.
MrAtomek

Super Force Seven

www.superforceseven.com

Ron Edwards

With respect, that doesn't answer my question. I realize it may have seemed like it did when you were typing, but look at it from my point of view - I can only go by what you actually type.

Have you playtested the resolution system you're describing? I can't read your mind or know what you mean, you have to say yes or no.

Best, Ron

mratomek

I have playtested this resolution system so further discussen will be held in the Playtesting area.
MrAtomek

Super Force Seven

www.superforceseven.com