News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

TROS T-Shirts

Started by Jake Norwood, May 17, 2002, 12:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jürgen Mayer

Quote from: JhilahdI don't know that I'd use an image at all.

Most line art(dependant upon size) will get mushy looking if it is too fine.

The logo and the "slogan" will be more than enough to garner attention and possible questions. Remember, less is more.

Seconded!
White on black, logo and cool slogan, no image, but knotwork could look nice. Prize it between $15 and $18.
Jürgen Mayer
Disaster Machine Productions
http://disastermachine.com

Ron Edwards

Hey all you blackshirts,

I like a black t-shirt best myself, but there's something you should know. Cafe Press, for instance, does not offer shirts except in white or grey. That means that if Jake were to submit to your fashion preferences, he'll have to use some other means of production, and the shirts are going to cost him tons and tons more money, not to mention being a huge pain in the ass.

In other words, if you want to be supportive of the game for real, loosen up your fashion sense and consider wearing a white or grey shirt for once.

Best,
Ron

Jake Norwood

Actually I *think* we've got a guy locally that will do them rather reasonably (Ron--I'd love to know what your rates were at Cafe Press) in black. I'm still ironing out the details, but I'm pretty darn sure that I can do it with no change in cost (and I won't have to have them shipped directly to me, as I can just drive out and pick them up).

Jake

I'm partial to black myself, with gray as the standby.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Shadow

I'd agree if there's a picture it should be the hand with the broken sword (I would go for that shirt).  Also, black is the color I would want.

Bankuei

Quick note to Jake:

1) Make sure its screenprinted, not the crappy "iron on" stuff that washes off after three washes.

2) White(or any color on black) costs an extra color, because they have to do a underwhite, and then print on top of that.  It gets ugly if it has detailed art or line work in it, as they have to try to match registration.  It's not so bad if your ordering a few thousand, cause then they break out the automated presses, but for a couple hundred shirts, they typically do it by hand.

I'm all for black on grey myself.

Chris

Henry Fitch

Well, I'm a big black shirt wearer, but I'd like to assure you that I won't let that get in my way here. Grey is fine too, or even white.
formerly known as Winged Coyote

Rattlehead

Quote from: BankueiIt's not so bad if your ordering a few thousand, cause then they break out the automated presses, but for a couple hundred shirts, they typically do it by hand.

Are you sure about this??? I investigated getting some t-shirts printed for an organization I was involved with about 6 months ago. The place I contacted was a little place local to me (backwoods, heh). Everything they did was computer controlled. Nothing was done by hand in their case.

Another note to Jake: How many are you planning on having printed Jake? If you don't sell the first batch right away, you can still use them as prizes/gifts at cons and such. Not to mention that you can sell them on the website. It's not like they're gonna go rancid. :-) Maybe it would be cheaper in the long run to get a larger batch? Then again, you probably know this already...

Brandon
Grooby!

Bankuei

QuoteEverything they did was computer controlled. Nothing was done by hand in their case.

Well, if you had them doing 4 color process type art, then it has to be computer controlled(up the cost a lot tho).   Most places usually reserve the machines for their larger orders of several thousand to 10's of thousands, and use hand presses for smaller runs.  When you have a $50,000 job that needs to be done in 3 days, and a $400 job that you've got two weeks on...well.... I can only speak from having to do this kind of stuff for over a year and a half.

All I can say is make sure not to have any lines that are extra fine on the artwork, because those rarely burn properly on the screens, and they're really hard to match up.  Pretty much if it doesn't show up on 100 dpi scan(black and white, no grayscale), it won't show up on the shirt.

Chris