Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 18, 2022, 09:29:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 72 - most online ever: 565 (October 17, 2020, 02:08:06 PM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Question about selling items  (Read 2963 times)
memolith

« on: October 31, 2006, 05:18:00 AM »

Can you sell/trade items that your character pulled out with Provisions?

I suppose there's no real reason to prohibit it, I just wanted to make sure. I have this weird vision of my players spending all night pulling random things out of their packs to sell to vendors, which sounds really dull.
Hans

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 06:03:42 AM »

My impression has always been that you could not.  Here is the reasoning. 

* According to the rules, you have to get rid of all possessions that aren't permanent at the "beginning" of an adventure.

* According to the rules, Town is the first location in the course of an adventure, and it is there that you can buy and sell stuff.

I have always assumed that "beginning" means "before you actually start role-playing".  Therefore, there would never be a moment during which any non-permanent possession could be used in trade or sold.

To me, this rules seems designed to ensure that the kind of behaviour you describe is impossible.  But I could be wrong.

* Want to know what your fair share of paying to feed the hungry is? http://www3.sympatico.ca/hans_messersmith/World_Hunger_Fair_Share_Number.htm
* Want to know what games I like? http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/skalchemist
memolith

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 09:38:11 AM »

Those are very good points. I think I'll stand by that, unless I hear otherwise.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: