News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

When is the site coming back up and...

Started by Jhilahd, May 18, 2002, 03:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jhilahd

is there any other sites on the web that sell RoS? Or how about fan sites. After reading all of the goodies on this forum and then all the thread of RPG.net...whew. I want to check this bad boy out.

Alas... I've been reading since Wednesday and the site went down on Thursday... and no one in the Dallas area carries a copy.

sigh... I've been corrupted by the Taco Bell mentality... I want it, and I want it now, 24/7.

If the game is as good as it sounds... wow. I can't wait.

Jhilahd
"So I have learned this rule: When I want to do good, evil is there with me."
-Romans 7:21

Jake Norwood

Our server was switched with a day's notice, and we're having a hell of a time getting the site back up. I've got a few more things I'm going to try today...until then...

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Jhilahd

Thanks, Jake.

I had seen the original thread on RPG.net before coming here. If only I would have started reading it back when it started, I wouldn't be in this conundrum I'm in.

Thanks and hope the switch works out for the best.

Lance D. Allen

Hey Jake,

You're the man in charge, right? Couldn't you just e-mail the guy a copy of the order form, and let him order it direct via snail-mail? It seems to me that his main problem is that he wants a copy of the book, but can't get it until the website comes back up. You could just kinda... bypass that, couldn't ya?
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls

Jake Norwood

Actually, just send a check for 37.95 (assuming you're in the US) with your name, address, etc., and I'll fill out the order form!

Seriously, though, the site *should* be back up by sometime tomorrow.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Jhilahd

Well...

I hope it is, 'cause I got some credit on my Paypal account that's burning a hole in my internet wallet. :)

Thanks for the reply.

Jhilahd

ReverendCuster187

Is it possible to order RoS in the UK any other way except for Paypal? PayPal is messing us a bout a bit, so I was wondering how else to get the game (which looks wonderful by the way). It would be much appreciated :-)
That fella's got a face like an arse

Jake Norwood

Actually, stores in the UK should be carrying it soon, through Esdivium, the London distributor. Just ask about it at your FLGS, tell them that it's from Driftwood Publishing through Esdivium, and he should be able to call Esdivium up and either order it or find out when they'll be carrying it.

We sent them off about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Jake

Jhilahd

Sorry to hear about the Paypal issue. I seem to be one of the few people, I know who doesn't have problems with it.

Speaking of which... heh, I have placed my order and awaiting which baited breath... mwhahahahahaha

Jhilahd

-who hopes this won't be another wonderful RPG he can only read about, and never play.

Jake Norwood

We have just added BrianL's combat sim to the support and downloads page, as well as a (30 MB! sorry, we couldn't shrink it any more) PDF of the bulk of the Appendix, including damage tables and weapons. Lastly, we've updated the news page.

Thought this thread seemed like a good place to mention it.

Lance D. Allen

30 MB?? Wow... That's gonna take me forever to DL... Dadblasted dialup connections anyhow. Oh well. I'll still DL it, naetheless.

I take it this means that the site is back up?
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls

Ian Cooper

Quote from: ReverendCuster187Is it possible to order RoS in the UK any other way except for Paypal? PayPal is messing us a bout a bit, so I was wondering how else to get the game (which looks wonderful by the way). It would be much appreciated :-)

Leisure Games are listing it in their releases expected 15th May (if you cannot get their online ordering to work just phone or mail them). http://www.leisuregames.com/new_releases/1_new_releases.htm.

They ship Sorcerer too - ought to tell Ron.

ReverendCuster187

Thanks for telling me about Leisure Games stocking it.As soon as I get a spare £20 I'll go check it out.
That fella's got a face like an arse

Jake Norwood

I've been trying to do this since Driftwood's inception, but if there's any store that you know of carrying our book, let me know (address, webpage, phone number, whatever)!

Jake

Rattlehead

Quote from: Jake NorwoodI've been trying to do this since Driftwood's inception, but if there's any store that you know of carrying our book, let me know (address, webpage, phone number, whatever)!

Jake

Ok, should we email you or post them here? Also, if we post them here, do you want them in this thread or a new one?

Brandon
Grooby!