News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[BtI] Question: The Final Attraction Roll

Started by loki's wrangling, November 02, 2006, 12:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loki's wrangling

Hi,

I was wondering about this rule,

QuoteAfter the Third Date has been completed, make a final roll for all the new Attraction Levels, but this time roll all your Attraction Dice, and add one Die for each Compatibility the characters share.

I'm a little confused. So if two characters had an Attraction of 4 before the third date and gained two new levels during the date, and have two Compatibilities, what would their roll after the third date look like? Would I be rolling eight (4 Attraction+2 New Attraction+2 Compatibilities) dice, and if I got two or more successes would the two levels gained during the third date become permanent and count towards the ending?

Great game, and any help will be much appreciated!

Emily Care

Hey there!

Many thanks.  Hope this clears things up for you:

QuoteI'm a little confused. So if two characters had an Attraction of 4 before the third date and gained two new levels during the date, and have two Compatibilities, what would their roll after the third date look like? Would I be rolling eight (4 Attraction+2 New Attraction+2 Compatibilities) dice, and if I got two or more successes would the two levels gained during the third date become permanent and count towards the ending?

Yes, that is correct. You'd roll 8 dice at the end, all the Attraction levels, plus 2 additional dice for the Compatilities.  All of the work that the characters have done over the course of the game get to go into making things have more spark at the end.  Sounds like they might not be in for the long haul, though, in this case. Is this an example from a real game?

best,
Emily
Koti ei ole koti ilman saunaa.

Black & Green Games

loki's wrangling

Thank you muchly. That part's bedeviled me for some time!

No, the example isn't from actual play, though I did extrapolate from an ongoing game of BtI, which has three levels of Attraction and one of Compatibility after the first date. It's kinda unusual because this particular game isn't standalone but a spinoff from a larger GURPS campaign. * Reminds self get off lazy butt and type up an AP post*