News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Viability of E-mail at the beginning

Started by Bailey, May 20, 2002, 11:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bailey

Right now I'm putting the final touches on Men of Teak's text, but am lacking in art and a decent layout program.

What I want to know is if Ron's starting model of email begware is stil viable at this point in time.  It's pretty much all I can do until I've got some drawings done and a layout program.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON

Ron Edwards

Hey,

Only one way to find out. Believe me, it couldn't be any cruddier/plain than what people paid $5 for, for Sorcerer.

You could set it up as free for now too, which seems to be a common tactic. This version could be stripped down a bit too, so the $ version offers more.

Best,
Ron

Mike Holmes

For a game in which I have a real interest, format is not a big deal to me. And art even less. So you might be able to sell to oddballs like me. OTOH, there are those that want art with their game, and hate a lack of formatting. You will lose some potential customers this way. But if it's all you got at the moment....

A promise to update to PDF or whatever format later, perhaps for a lesser cost (as Ron did), might also go a long way in assuaging peoples concerns.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Bailey

Thanks.  Anyone who is interested in Men of Teak martial arts action game can send me a pm about it and I'll email a copy with instructions for donating if anyone wishes to.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON

Nathan

Hey there...

Currently, I offer Eldritch Ass Kicking, the rpg of wizard-on-wizard mind-bending action, through email. I expected a small interest - but I've had well over 150 downloads to this point. That may not seem much -- but it was more than what I expected and with little advertising. I have run into a few folks who choose not to get it because they do not feel comfortable passing on their email addy -- but hey, if you want to play the game, you got to go by the rules. :)

Soon, it will be hitting fine websites all over the land.

Soon.

Any questions?

Thanks,
Nathan
-------------------------------------------
http://www.mysticages.com/
Serving imagination since '99
Eldritch Ass Kicking:
http://www.eldritchasskicking.com/
-------------------------------------------