News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Donjon] Character Roll's Cheat Sheet

Started by The Dragon Master, January 02, 2007, 05:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dragon Master

I am starting a game for my nieces and my nephew using the Hyrule setting that I have posted elsewhere, and realized that to keep them interested I would have to keep things moving, and stopping to figure out how many dice the kids get to role would probably take just long enough for them to loose interest. So to alleviate the situation, I made these little sheets. I didn't feel like having to print them up each time I needed them, so I laminated the copies I have printed, and will use dry erase markers to fill in the details. I plan to do a version 2, so if anyone has suggestions on improving them I am all ears. On the next version I will probably add a space for the characters name, and IF I can make it work I'll add boxes next to each section for the numbers to be written in.
"You get what everone gets. You get a lifetime." -Death of the Endless
The names Tony

Sorcerer Workshop, Phoenix Comicon, May 27th - 30th 2010

Colin Fredericks

Doesn't look bad (though the bottom of the top sheet seems to be cut off on mine). Here are my suggestions:

1. Take off anything that's on the charater sheet already, such as the saving throws.
2. Add in little notes underneath the items that are on the sheet, indicating which attribute is used for them. This will really help people fill them out for the first time, and will also help when peoples' stats increase and numbers have to be recalculated. Perhaps not as important for your game, but very useful for the rest of us.

The Dragon Master

Thanks for the feedback. I'll make the changes this evening and probably update the file on my site. I'll post to this thread again to let you know it has been updated.
The names Tony

The Dragon Master

I've updated the file and it can be found here. I kept the saving throws in because they use an attribute and it will be easier for my nieces and nephew to understand with it in.
The names Tony