News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Stranger Things?

Started by Warren, November 06, 2006, 06:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warren

Quick non-Agon question:

What's going on with Stranger Things at the moment? I've been looking forward to it for the best part of a year (or more). Last I heard, we were hoping for a October '06 release; any updates?

Bailywolf

Just one more person itching to exchange currency for a copy of Stranger Things.

-B

John Harper

Stranger Things is still in the outgoing queue of game designs. Will it be next? Probably. The game text currently sucks, even though the game itself is rocking very hard. So I have to do a re-write, which is on my list of fun things just below getting oral surgery so...

I'll get around to it. I owe the awesome artists who contributed to that game, not to mention all you nice folks who have waited so patiently.

But I've learned my lesson about giving dates. I'll give you a solid, for-real date when the book is done and off to print. Not until then.

Thanks for writing. It's nice to hear that people still care about the game.
Agon: An ancient Greek RPG. Prove the glory of your name!

Darren Hill

You don't owe it to just those of us who have played it - you also owe it to the legion of fans-to-be who have yet to play it!

Valamir

Thats a good lesson to learn Jon.  Somewhere...I think maybe the back of Mountain Witch, is an ad for Robots & Rapiers with a "Coming Soon" date from like 2 years ago.

Release it when its as perfect as you're capable of making it, I'll buy it then, guarenteed.  I'd rather have a 100% ready game later than an 80% ready game now.

Ultimately that luxury is the one insurmountable advantage indie games have.

Bailywolf

If the re-write is a misery, and you'd be cool with shopping it out, then I'd do it for nothing but a credit and a comp copy just to see this game take wing.  Just an FYI.

-Ben