News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Forum News] Announcement

Started by Ron Edwards, October 06, 2006, 02:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blake Hutchins

Thanks, Mike.  I'll sit tight and see where the new drinks are set up.

-Blake

MrWrong

OK final update, before I post the link and go live after this weekend.

I have gone with Simple Machines Forum, and in fact the same theme as here, so all the functionality that you have come to love and know here (specifically email notification of any new topics in a board you are watching) will be present over at the new board.

These will be the specific forums that I've set up on the board.

MolaD Events- Promote and discuss MolaD events here.
The Anvil - Discuss rules/settings coming from or leading to actual play
General HeroQuest discussion - A looser forum for discussion of HeroQuest, Questworlds and Mythic Russia       
Off topic - Anything else outside of HeroQuest, Glorantha etc Basically a community chat forum.

The Anvil is pitched at you guys, while being accessible to new comers coming in from other HeroQuests lists or people that visit the MoLaD site after one of our convention games.

Bearing this in mind this is the introductory message to the Anvil

This goal of this forum is to help new or existing Narrators get to grips with running the game of HeroQuest they want to run.

This means this is a forum about ideas coming out of actual play or ideas leading to actual play . This means that the focus of this forum is not discussion about obscure Glorantha knowledge or blue skies thinking. Please take such discussions to General HeroQuest discussion

Rules for use of this forum

Number 1 rule: Be civil at all times. No excuses, break this rule and expect to be moderated immediately. First by warning by personal message, second a public warning, third by a thread lock or deletion. People who persistently break this rule will be banned, so play nice.

This is the place to discuss HeroQuest rules variants and expansions and using HeroQuest for alternative settings and conversions, as well as the standard rules and Glorantha.

Be aware that people may play fast and loose with established cannon and respect that

HeroQuest supports a variety of gaming styles, from freeform improvised storytelling to very precise by the numbers simulation gaming.  Keep in mind that there is no right or wrong way to run HeroQuest and respect the playing styles of others.

GNS (Gamist, Narrativist, Simulationist) theory while a very useful tool for examining styles of play is not familiar to everyone. Please reference or explain any points you make, do not assume others know what it is. Do not start a post with 'unless you know what GNS theory is do not post in this thread' or similar, that breaks our 'Be civil' rule. This goes for any gaming theory you might be discussing in relation to HeroQuest.

The above may sound harsh, but its only to give us all clear guidelines to abide by to avoid any misunderstanding or personal attacks during discussions that may become heated or passionate.

I think it is important to be upfront with the aims and rules of the Anvil, to state what it is seeking to achieve. Otherwise it will just degenerate into aimless random waffle.  If you have any suggestions or amendments please step forward and make them.

Also for the record, I do not intend this to be a replacement or even competition for any of the existing Heroquest email lists/groups. It is however intended an alternative for people who prefer on line Forums for discussions to email lists/groups.
Regards

;O)Newt

rylen dreskin

I'm sorry to see the old forum go.  I've enjoyed what I've read here.

Mr. Wrong.  I've made a few attempts to find your Anvil/Masters of Luck and Death forum and cannot.  What is the url please?

I'll be lurking in the new forum.

Rylen

MrWrong

The Masters of Luck and Death forum is now live

Go to
http://molad.org/forum/

FYI I've revised the Anvil rules for use, to make them shorter and more friendlier in tone. The last set were written in the office with my work head on and confused even me!!!!

They are a nice summing up of what the new board is intended to reflect.

QuoteThis is a forum about ideas coming out of actual play or ideas leading to actual play .

This goal is to help new or existing Narrators run the game of HeroQuest they want to run.

Rules for use of this forum

* Number 1 rule: Be civil at all times. Break this rule and expect to be moderated immediately, no excuses. First by warning by private message, second publically, third by a post deletion or thread lock. Persistent offenders will be banned.
    * This is the place to discuss HeroQuest rules variants, rules expansions, alternative settings and conversions.
    * HeroQuest supports a variety of gaming styles, from free form improvised storytelling to very precise by the numbers simulation gaming.  Keep in mind that there is no right or wrong way to run HeroQuest
    * Any gaming theory while a very useful tool for examining styles of play may not familiar to everyone. Please reference or explain any points you make, do not assume others know.

The above is to give us all clear guidelines to abide by to avoid any misunderstanding or personal attacks during discussions that may become heated or passionate.

Above all remember its just a game and have fun

If that sounds like what you are looking for pop over to

http://molad.org/forum/

register and start posting!!

edited by me to fix links - RE
Regards

;O)Newt

MrWrong

Doh the links don't work!! (some extra characters got stuck in the URL and I can't edit it out)

Here we go http://molad.org/forum/

This one works
Plus I fixed the ones in the first post
That's three links! Check the new site out - RE
Regards

;O)Newt