News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Mortal Coil Theme Document

Started by Brennan Taylor, December 05, 2006, 06:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brennan Taylor

I mentioned my new Mortal Coil game based on the Harry Potter novels on the latest Voice of the Revolution podcast, and someone asked if I would post the theme document from the game. I thought that was a great idea, so here it is:

Harry Potter Game Theme Document

A few notes on this document: This is much longer than I usually do. My wife Krista is running this game, and we spent a full three-hour session building the document and creating characters. Most of the players are new to Mortal Coil, so the slow pace was good for familiarizing everyone with the rules, and we wanted to make sure everyone was on the same page.

Some of the items you see in the document were added in game play: specifically the powers of the various creatures.

Also, note that my friend Bill is not allowed to play a sidekick. Says so right in the theme.

Danny_K

Is there an actual play writeup anywhere for this game?  'Cause if it did a good narrativist Harry Potter game, then you've sold me.  :)
I believe in peace and science.

Brennan Taylor

I'll try to write up an AP over the weekend, Danny. I thought we had a pretty good narrativist Harry Potter game going. :)