News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Weathertop 2007 - Vancouver, BC

Started by goldongman, January 20, 2007, 04:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldongman

Weathertop 2007
Vancouver's Premier Gaming Convention

We would like to invite you to Weathertop 2007, a gaming convention taking place in greater Vancouver, BC, Canada, March 2nd to 4th; a weekend of RPG's, TCG's, miniatures, board and electronic games.

We are planning on having a host of independent games this year including MLWM, Dogs In The Vineyard and Spirit of the Century.

Here's a list of what's in store so far (more to come!):

The D&D Minis: Unhallowed pre-release thanks to Craving for a Game.
Star Wars Minis tournament with a Champions of the Force expansion set as a prize.[/li][/list]
Xbox 360 demo stations with tournaments & prizes for Gears of War.
A LG Zeif interactive.
Living Arcanis adventures, a marketplace and campaign extras.
Games Workshop games, events & demos.
Live-action role playing courtesy of the Camarilla.
Trading Card Game tourneys.
The Create-a-Module contest for writers and players alike.
The Golden Goblet two-round survival contest.
The Gaming Pentathalon contest.
An Anime room is in the works.
Board games galore.
WOTC game demos courtesy the Delegate program.
Vendor space for retailers and gamers wanting to buy/sell things.
Lots of prizes for the hard-working GMs.
Door prizes!

Registration is currently open and more information can be found at:

http://www.vancouvergamingguild.com/weathertop/

Come take a look and join us for a weekend of great people and gaming!

Ron Edwards

Hi there,

I ask that you clarify the phrase "having a host of independent games." Also, this thread is certainly available for anyone who wants to organize some independent-game activity or get-together at the con.

Best, Ron

goldongman

To clarify:  We expect to have and encourage gamemasters running some of the many systems which are discussed here on the Forge.  Our registration has only recently opened so keep your eyes on our website for updates.

Agreed Ron, feel free to use this thread to organize and discuss.

J. Ladell
Weathertop 2007
http://www.vancouvergamingguild.com/weathertop/

joepub

Hey.

I'm likely going to sign up to run The Shadow of Yesterday and something else.

Who is planning to run MlwM, Dogs, and Spirit of the Century? And who is currently planing the "host" of other indie games?

Danny_K

I always welcome a reason to visit Vancouver. Any chance of you running Perfect there? 
I believe in peace and science.

joepub

Done. I'm going to run Perfect, Polarpunk (the new game I'm working on), and TSOY.

Danny K, where do you live, man?
Me, JB Bell and Kirk Mitchell having a gaming group (with one or two others) if you are ever needing a non-Weathertop reason to visit Vancouver.

goldongman

Quote from: joepub on January 29, 2007, 05:21:11 PM
And who is currently planing the "host" of other indie games?

Well, you have made a start!  I am excited to play in your Perfect game again and would also like to try TSOY.  If I can generate any interest then I may run Spirit of the Century and/or Don't Rest Your Head.

joepub

J,

Consider the interest drawn for Spirit of the Century.

For any going to weathertop who are interested in independant games, know that I am running:

Day 1, Block 1.
Polarpunk: The Hunt for Chicago (playtest)
I'm going to be doing a playtest of my in-development game Polarpunk, which is all about fighting and exploring post-apocalyptic ruins.

Day 1, Block 3.
The Shadow of Yesterday: The Cursed Forge
I'm going to be running a game of TSoY. It's going to be a different kind of dungeoncrawl: one which focuses on humanity, and character, and what it means to be a hero in a shaken world.

Day 2, Block 3
Perfect: A Well Placed Dagger
I'm going to be running a game of Perfect, and I'm going to tailor the characters to focus on backstabbing, intrigue and revolution. Woo hoo!

Day 3, Block 2
Polarpunk: The Aeon Machine (playtest)
The second playtest I'll be running of Polarpunk, this time with a totally different scenario.