News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Multiple opponents

Started by Hugin, December 16, 2006, 10:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hugin

Hi all

Stunning game John. And with 300 due out, this is getting me really excited. Anyway...

I may have missed this somewhere but can't find it in the rules, FAQ, or on the list.

If a hero is attacked by an opponent with two attacks, or by two (or more) opponents in a single exchange, does the hero use their full  defence dice against each attack, split the dice between the attacks or choose which attack to defend against?

Also, if an attack isn't defended, what target number is the attack made against to determine the number of victories?

Also also (damn it, I thought I understood the rules till I started to obsess about things!) I take it that Javelin or Bow attacks use exactly the same defence process as "melee" attacks (I haven't a problem with this, just wanted to check).

Many thanks

Dave

Shreyas Sampat

Hugin, 52. First sentence under "Defend". I think this should answer all your questions.

Hugin

Quote from: Shreyas Sampat on December 16, 2006, 12:01:40 PM
Hugin, 52. First sentence under "Defend". I think this should answer all your questions.

Doh!

So read it literally, "Each time your hero is attacked, roll the dice in your left hand."

Good enough. Many thanks SS.

Cheers

Dave

John Harper

Yep, you've got it.

Also, if you're attacked and you have no dice in your left hand, your opponent rolls against zero to determine victories.
Agon: An ancient Greek RPG. Prove the glory of your name!

Hugin

Quote from: John Harper on December 16, 2006, 04:53:35 PM
Yep, you've got it.

Also, if you're attacked and you have no dice in your left hand, your opponent rolls against zero to determine victories.

Thanks John.

If you had a bow in your right hand (and therefore nothing in your left), what about attempting to evade or dodge rather than just standing there? I can't find anything of the sort in the rules. Name+Grace perhaps? What do you think?

Cheers

Dave

John Harper

In combat, you get to use your Name die plus one ability. It's not technically in the rules, but yeah, I'd let someone use Name + Grace to defend (assuming they have their name die in their left hand). That means they can't use their Bow ability die when they shoot, though.

Or you could let someone use Grace as a helping die on defense (which impairs it) and then still use the Bow ability to attack.

Hugin

Quote from: John Harper on December 16, 2006, 07:20:35 PM
In combat, you get to use your Name die plus one ability. It's not technically in the rules, but yeah, I'd let someone use Name + Grace to defend (assuming they have their name die in their left hand). That means they can't use their Bow ability die when they shoot, though.

Or you could let someone use Grace as a helping die on defense (which impairs it) and then still use the Bow ability to attack.

I like both suggestions.

If you have already shot, how about using Grace alone for defence (impairing it), or of course a Helping dice from another Hero, or Raise Fate by +1 to avoid damage (I forgot about those).

If you haven't shot, transfer all dice over, giving up the shot and maybe impairing Bow ability too (is that too harsh?), or maybe transfer Name die over adding Grace but still giving up the shot.

Cheers

Dave

John Harper

Yep. Those all sound good, Dave.