News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Splits?

Started by Paganini, May 29, 2002, 06:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paganini

Just for my own peace of mind, could someone explain what's going on over in the GNS forum? I have become greatly confused. :) The moderators seem to be wielding their Staves of Awesome Power, but I can't figure out why. People are talking about "new threads with many posts" springing up, but from my perspective the forum has stayed exactly as it has been for the past couple of days... with a couple of compeltely out-of-context posts dropping in out of nowhere. What's up?

Clinton R. Nixon

Sure thing. A year-old thread which was meant as a pretty hard-core exploration of some ideas and ended up as a flaming mass got resurrected this morning, almost exactly a year later. The new posts got "split" off the old thread, making a new thread. However, people kept replying, actually getting angry (it seemed) over the old thread. In the end, it got split 3 times, I think. (Ron did the actual splitting.)

I ended up locking all three "splits" as they related to a very old topic that was in no way the opinions of anyone here now.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Paganini

Quote from: Clinton R Nixon
I ended up locking all three "splits" as they related to a very old topic that was in no way the opinions of anyone here now.

Ah, I see! Thanks for the explain! :)

Christopher Kubasik

Wow.  That was so easly I actually got... stuck... just staring at the screen.

Christopher
"Can't we for once just do what we're supposed to do -- and then stop?
Lemonhead, The Shield