Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2022, 06:53:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 82 - most online ever: 565 (October 17, 2020, 02:08:06 PM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: REIGN of TSoY  (Read 3976 times)
oliof

Harald Wagener - Zurich, Switzerland

« on: July 07, 2007, 08:53:15 AM »

Inevitably, I had to mash up two of my favorite games. Since I didn't see a simple, non-artificial way to graft keys onto REIGN, I went out and "statted" up the cultures of near using the Company rules from REIGN as a thought experiment.

Apart from Zaru, the cultures are quite comparable in 'size' (point totals), reflecting the uneasy balance Near is in. Some explicit things in the game world description only get a blurry representation here (i.e., the moon silver is one of the reasons for the low sovereignty value of Khale. IMHO, all of these guys could do something for their citizens so they'd feel a bit more welcome or at home. I hope I needlessly mention that other ways to see Near are equally valid.

MaldorAmmeniZaruKhaleQek
Influence 1 (a) 2 (e) 0 (k) 0      0     
Might 3    3    0 (l) 3 (p) 2 (t)
Sovereignty 3 (c) 2 (g) 1 (m) 2 (q) 4
Territory 4 (d) 3 (h) 0 (n) 4 (r) 3 (v)
Treasure22 (i)023

Values range from 0-6. A 0 in Territory and Sovereignty means that company is totally busted. The notes explain certain assets the companies have in regards to a given quality, as explained in the freely available first supplement for REIGN.

Maldor

(a) Epic History<Mass Appeal<Foundries, Smiths and Armories<Ammeni

(e) Small Horizon<Culture of Shame and Gossip<Fortune Smiles<Permanent Underclass<Zaru

The cultural notion of Zaru still exists within the slave body of the Ammeni empire. An enterprising group of PCs could try to build up an insurgence, although they'd need to overcome the resistance of the pacifist traditionalists. The last remaining point of sovereignty shows the unbroken core of Zaru-as-a-nation.

(k) Sinister Operatives<Magic Resistance<Patriotism<Cultural Tradition<Khale

(p) Classic Enemy<Defiant Tradition, Patriotism<Defensible Terrain, Civic Theater<Qek

The outstanding Sovereignty value is a representation of the reluctance of the Qek to ever leave their birth lands

(t) Irregular Forces<Defensible Terrain<

Clinton R. Nixon

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 09:08:20 AM »

Harald,

This is great! It won't surprise anyone to find out that I think Reign is an excellent game, and I'd thought immediately upon reading it that it would be fun to use for a game set in the world of Near.

- Clinton

Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: