News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Started by Ron Edwards, July 30, 2002, 01:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Edwards

Hi Danielle,

I sometimes think that the "homosexual" and "pastor" problems exert some arcane influence over the dice - the combination seems remarkably common across games of Wuthering Heights, and in my case, they were rolled fairly.

When you all (or y'all, I imagine) began this game, I was a bit worried that it sounded too grim and serious for the WH system, which my session led me think is more like crazed, distraught, murderous farce. It sounds as if the requisite destruction and mayhem did occur in that final run, though.

Here's what I'd like to know: how often did y'all use the "double-freakout" method? By which I mean, a character does or sees a situation which causes him or her to gain or lose Rage or Despair, which (due to the die roll's magnitude or to crossing the "peak threshold" for that attribute) pops him into performing an extreme action, which leads to another instant gain or loss of Rage or Despair, which prompts yet another extreme action. In our game, once or twice, a whole series of craziness ensued as driven by the system.

Best,
Ron