News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Split (again) from old discussion

Started by contracycle, May 29, 2002, 10:41:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

contracycle

No, we think that Simulationism is a form of retreat, denial, and defense against the responsibilities of either Gamism or Narrativism.

I disagree in the most violent possible terms.  Simulationism is no form of retreat - it is interest and engagement. I consider sim to recquire a substantially higher level of responsibility than Nar or Game - becuase of the coherency and conssistency recquirements.

I mean, how many times do I have to say that I am NOT a covert, crypto or deluded Narratavist.  STORY IS INHERENT TO PROCESS - being a Simmer and being interested in story as a part of the experience are not contradictory; nor does the observable partial interest in story imply that this is the lead, major or signal motivation.
Impeach the bomber boys:
www.impeachblair.org
www.impeachbush.org

"He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and compass and never knows where he may cast."
- Leonardo da Vinci

Ron Edwards

HEY!

Somehow, some way, people are not paying attention!

Gareth, you are replying to a post that is a YEAR OLD and acknowledged as TOTALLY OBSOLETE. No one is claiming that "Simulationists are fearful crypto-Narrativists" any more. That got worked out.

Did you not see my splitting of Evan's post? Did you not see my post to him regarding that issue?

I can understand that a new poster to the Forge might resurrect an old thread out of interest. I can't understand why someone with your experience here would do the same.

Do not do that again.

Best,
Ron