News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

TROS First Printing SOLD OUT!

Started by Jake Norwood, May 27, 2002, 02:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake Norwood

Just thought I'd give a big, warm, public thanks to all you guys on account of this nifty occasion. A call from a distributor in London took up the last copies. We do have a few (like, 3) Leatherbounds left.

Anyway, TROS has been a wonderful success, and we're looking forward to the August release of a slightly revised TROS. Just so you know, though, any revisions made will be available to you all that allready have the book online.

Copies will be available at Origins and GenCon, as well as any other events I attend after July 4th.

Thanks again, and happy gaming!
Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Bankuei

Congrats!  Better get to printing!

:P

Chris

ReverendCuster187

So, um... could you point me in the right direction to actually GET RoS in London ;-)

Seriously, congratulations. RoS is one of the first games to genuinely excite me without ever actually SEEING it. Keep up the good work!
That fella's got a face like an arse

Jaif

I'll second that.  I generally don't care about a game unless I'm holding it.  TRoS was a very rare exception.

-Jeff

Jake Norwood

I thought Leisure games had it...

Seriously, though, check out any LGS you've got and ask them to special order it from Esdivium, unless they've sold out, too.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Brian Leybourne

... and I'm getting the last one! Nya nya nya :-)

Seriously though, kudos to Jake and 'the lads' for making such an awesome game that the first printing has actually sold out before it hits general release. Not too many people could make that claim!

I'm going to be starting a longish term campaign as soon as my replacement book arrives (the first copy got stolen). If folk are interested, I'll post some session reports up here. If anyone else is currently running/playing in a campaign, lets hear how it's going!

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Jake Norwood

QuoteIf anyone else is currently running/playing in a campaign, lets hear how it's going!

Amen to that! We wanna hear. Also, for interested persons, there are a few threads in Actual Play concerning TROS games. Check them out.

Jake

ScarletJester

Where are you in London Rev? I'm going to a roleplaying club in central London (Chancery Lane area) that will most probably be playing Riddle of Steel very shortly. You're happy to come down and join us :).

And I'll be very surprised if Leisure Games doesn't end up stocking loads of it. They're the best FLGS for half of the country :).

Lyrax

Yay us!  We sold lotsa books!  And I didn't even have to buy more than one!
Lance Meibos
Insanity takes it's toll.  Please have exact change ready.

Get him quick!  He's still got 42 hit points left!

contracycle

I am intending to scout the London gaming stores on Saturday looking for it.  Isn't this early?  I thought it was meant to be July.
Impeach the bomber boys:
www.impeachblair.org
www.impeachbush.org

"He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and compass and never knows where he may cast."
- Leonardo da Vinci

Jake Norwood

The london stores, assuming they're not sold out, are carrying the very last copies of the pre-release edition

Jake