News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Sorcerer Contact Lists

Started by Christopher Kubasik, June 06, 2002, 02:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher Kubasik

Hi Ron,

A question:

Since the business plan of Sorcerer is to get people to play...

And the book contains the link to the Sorcerer web page..

Are there any plans to have a post-board for people looking for people to play the game?

I know that there's something depressing about having lists of folks lying around for months without any additions... Maybe something that's held off screen... A mailing list that's triggered either by a new addition to the list (so everyone gets the list each time someone new joins) or someone new meeting certain criteria specified by subscribers (ie, if anyone signs up in the LA area, anyone looking for people in the LA area gets those names).

But... This is new to me, so maybe folks have some better ideas about how to make such a thing happen.

Take care,
Christopher
"Can't we for once just do what we're supposed to do -- and then stop?
Lemonhead, The Shield

Ron Edwards

Hey,

I think this is just what the site needs. My concern, of course, is the depressing quality of seeing three people listed who have been sitting there for months ... but the suggestions are all good ones.

I confess to being stumped about the best tactic. What does everyone think? How would a useful and non-depressing game-finder engine or feature of the site work?

Best,
Ron

Clinton R. Nixon

Ron,

It's simple, but the Fudge Players Database strikes me as having the best solution - a quick way for people to write where they're located at and their e-mail address, and searchable by city or state. In fact, with your current log-in setup, it wouldn't be hard to add this as a feature.

- Clinton
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Ron Edwards

Hi Clinton,

That seems like exactly what I'm looking for. Let's start figuring out how to get it onto the site.

Everyone's comments are welcome about how this might be tweaked or worked to be ideal for Sorcerer.

Best,
Ron

Ron Edwards

Hey there!

Check out Sorcerer Play Finder at the website!!

Many thanks to the wonderful Clinton R. Nixon for setting it up. I'm still linking it into various parts of the site, so that people can find it, but the service itself is ready to go.

Best,
Ron

Christopher Kubasik

Hi Ron and Clinton,

Thanks a lot!

Christopher
"Can't we for once just do what we're supposed to do -- and then stop?
Lemonhead, The Shield

Clay

The locator is very cool. I probably have different reasons for being satisfied with it than others, but it is still ultra-cool.
Clay Dowling
RPG-Campaign.com - Online Campaign Planning and Management