Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2019, 01:38:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 158 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: proficiencies, defaults, and the starting character  (Read 5012 times)
Furious D

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2002, 11:06:16 AM »

Quote from: Jaif
Heck, play the child just becoming a sorcerer.

A-Stats Physical 5 (st, to 3), Mental 5 (MP, Per 6, WP 4)
B-Gifted
C-Skills
D-Familiar (Here kitty kitty kitty!)/Little
E-Social
F- No Vagaries!

You'll have a bit of fun buying off little as you grow older (hopefully not too fast<g>).

If you want, switch E&F and be an orphan w/a proficieny in thrown weapons or sling and 1pt in vision.

-Jeff

Those are pretty high attributes for a kid.  It might be more appropriate to take a lower stats priority and a higher gifts (with lower skills)

Something like:
A-Gifts: Gift of Ages, familiar...uh, and other stuff I can't think of at the moment
B-Gifted
C-Stats
D-Skills
E-Social
F- No Vagaries!
Jaif

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2002, 11:41:36 AM »

Two thoughts:

1) Obviously, the point is that you can generate a reasonble character w/no vagaries/proficiencies.  I'd be happy to play that kid.

2) We disagree about children, then.  Children as a rule learn faster and are quicker-thinking then adults.  No one will doubt that children have better senses (sight/hearing/whatever).  As for physical attributes, I gave him high end, ht which are par for the course w/kids (who can play all day and heal faster), but made him substantially weaker.  You're not going to worry about this kid in melee.  About the only stretches I made were above average agility (that's something that develops slowly) and social (same, but more).  However, considering the kid is a Player Character, I think I'm allowed a bit of liscense.  Also, you could always lower his Social (the one that really stands out) and raise MA, wit, or perception.

-Jeff
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: