Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 04:00:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4283 Members Latest Member: - otto Most online today: 62 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The BibliOdyssey RPG Challenge  (Read 1610 times)
Nathan P.

« on: February 02, 2007, 04:43:18 PM »

(x-posted with Story Games)

Hey everyone!

So I wanna run a challenge!

This is one centers around.....

(drumroll)

ART! Specifically, old art that has been posted at the ever-wonderful BibliOdyssey

There is an official contest blog, and the rules can be found on it, here. They are also reproduced at the linked post on Story Games. The quick summary is that everyone assembles a set of 10 images from at least two different BibliOdyssey posts, and posts them as a set to the contest blog. Then, these image sets are randomly redistributed, and you have two weeks to write a game that is inspired by and incorporates those images. Finally, there is a round of peer review and scoring, and the winningist game in each of three categories gets bragging rights and dedicated playtest time from me (and probably, some of the Storygame Boston crew).

Questions and comments? This thread, the Story Games thread, and the comments on that blog page are all kosher.

So, get crackin! Image sets/declarations of entry are due by whenever I wake up next Saturday morning (2/10/07).

Nathan P.
--
Find Annalise
---
My Games | ndp design
Also | carry. a game about war.
I think Design Matters
Nathan P.

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 08:27:42 AM »

Entries are closed. We have a bunch of great image sets, and I'm looking forward to what comes out of them. Thanks everyone!

Nathan P.
--
Find Annalise
---
My Games | ndp design
I think Design Matters
Nathan P.

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 08:24:45 PM »

Here are the winners of the 2007 BibliOdyssey Design Challenge!

Best Integration Of Images: The City At The Edge Of Sleep, by Mike Addison, with a total average score in the category of 8/10. Followed by:

* Troll Lands (7.Cool
    * Once More (6.Cool
    * In Inordinate Fondness & Dark Explorations (6)
    * Friends or Fortune & In Frankensteins Wake (5)

Most Playable: An Inordinate Fondness, by Mark Villianatos and Once More<thread at StoryGames to talk about the winners, and the contest in general.

Thanks everyone!

Nathan P.
--
Find Annalise
---
My Games | ndp design
I think Design Matters
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: