News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[NETLAND] Looking for playtesters and/or opinions

Started by Bill O'Dea, February 04, 2007, 10:58:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill O'Dea

Hello folks! I've been working on a RPG called NETLAND for some time now and I've finally gotten to where playtesting is needed. Unfortunately, I moved a while back and have yet to find a local gaming group. Would anyone be interested in playtesting a game about hacking, blackmail, and backstabbing your friends?

NETLAND is a RPG set in the near future. You play a script kiddie--a wannabe hacker who uses software in lieu of having skills. You got caught doing something illegal and now you're being blackmailed into taking risky hacking jobs. Do these jobs well and your blackmailer will eventually set you free. However, you're working with other script kiddies who are also being blackmailed. Your blackmailer will reward the best of you and punish the worst, so it pays to make the other script kiddies look bad. Can you slip past that firewall, defeat the security bots, and upload a trojan horse--all while keeping the other players from hacking you?

If you can playtest, or if you just want to see how I'm trying to simulate hacking through RPG rules, then please visit http://netland.friendcomputer.net/ and download the NETLAND pack: a ZIP file with .doc and .pdf versions of the info needed to play the game. I really appreciate any help! Thank you!
Insert Quote Here.