News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Shock:] A little rules question?

Started by Hisho, July 06, 2007, 01:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hisho

Hi,

I am a little bit irritated by the use of Minutia. I will explain my question using an example:

Making it very easy Protag-player rolls 2d10 and end up with 8 & 9, the fulcra in question is set to 3.

Now, I don't find a passage in the text that explains if the Antags d4 and the d4 you get by using a Minutia are able to add up.

If both, a third player and the Antag roll a 4 on the d4s is it legal that both of them press the result of the Protags player down to a 1 or  do you assing only the highest d4 in general (and only one)?

Oh and another small question, are there any collections of possible praxis scales out there (besides the two small collections I found in the different threads here at the forge)?

Michael K.

- - - Michael - - -

Joshua A.C. Newman

Hey, Michael.

Only one Minutia die stands, so if both the Antag and an Audience member roll a 4, they sum to 8. If another Audience member rolls a 3, they do not sum to 11.

There's no comprehensive list of Praxis scales, I'm afraid. They're often mentioned in AP reports, though.
the glyphpress's games are Shock: Social Science Fiction and Under the Bed.

I design books like Dogs in the Vineyard and The Mountain Witch.

Hisho

So you can add up the Minutia-die to other results (d4 of the Antag or Protag).

Thank you for the fast answer.
- - - Michael - - -

Joshua A.C. Newman

Yep!

Shock: runs pretty rough over the characters; the core of the game is future shock; being awash in the tide of history. Sometimes you squeak through, but lots of times, not.
the glyphpress's games are Shock: Social Science Fiction and Under the Bed.

I design books like Dogs in the Vineyard and The Mountain Witch.