News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Artist Needed

Started by New-Rome, February 19, 2007, 12:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New-Rome

I am currently seeking artists who draw in either a realistic style or the cyberpunk genre to create illustrations for a role playing game I am putting together.

The game is set in a Cyberpunk Roman Dystopia, where the empire never fell, the old gods are still worshiped, and the people are ruled with a dangerous mix of Republican ideals and Imperial dominance. Religious zealotry, runaway progress, social class, slavery, and economic crises have the Empire on the verge of collapse, revolution or a descent into an absolute dictatorship.  The players can be legionnaires, senators, corporate negociatores, urban foederati (private police, with little pretense of professionalism) revolutionaries, or simply people trying to get by in a dangerous world.

I will need a piece of cover art.  It will have to be a professional looking version of a picture I've already roughed out.  I can pay for the cover art.  The total art budget is a few hundred dollars.
I have several people working on internal art, but more would be good.  The budget for internal art will be based on what we have left from cover art, but we can make all the usual deals involving % of profit.    For internal art, I am looking for several architectural pieces, pictures of weapons, and a variety of dark urban scenes to set the mood.  Artists creating internal art will have more freedom to improvise.

More information is available on request.

Some ideas that may take your fancy:
Soviet or Fascist style adaptations of classical architecture.
Modern fashions modeled on Roman clothing.
Prisoners lining up to fight a Vulchanically augmented elephant in the arena.
Legionnaires of  the Armored Auxilia riding a tank through the ruins of Londinium.
An argument on the senate floor.
A social event.
Propaganda posters.
The Sassanid Embassy in Rome.
Images from an alternate past, such as a Roman delegation trading with the Mongols, a Centurion in Gothic plate, a dreadnought with a ram and a painted face, etc. (I can provide guidance)
A tent city located on the remains of Carthage.
Modern incarnations of ancient Gods.
Praetorians with mirrorshades and submachineguns guarding members of the imperial family
The Forum... of the future.

New-Rome

In case the e-mail address on my profile shows as hiddenroma.invicta@gmail.com
I do not have a website yet.

Harsh

Rome,
I don't know if you got my email, but I am interested if you would like to talk. www.harshweb.com
thanks!
Harsh
Illustrator and Concept Artist
www.harshweb.com

clevername

Some of my work can be found here.....http://mayta.deviantart.com/
If you're still interested we can talk. My email is clevername6@gmail.com