News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Indie Presence at hspielt! 14, March 31st/April 1st 2007

Started by oliof, February 15, 2007, 01:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oliof

I understand that y'all are deep into your gencon preparations, so a budding presence at one of the longest-running conventions in northern germany might not be high on your priority list.

What is hspielt!? It is a long running convention of the Gilde der Fantasy-Rollenspieler a long-existing rpg club in germany. Before the existence of Nordcon and the commercial conventions, hspielt! had been the largest convention in germany. Nowadays, visitor numbers are down to about 300-400, which means the volunteers are still able to mange it despite their full-time jobs.

RPGs have always been in the spotlight of this convention, which also houses tabletops, trading card games  and others.

The organization team asked me if I would volunteer to organize an indie presence at hspielt!, as I mentioned in another thread. I'd be given space to demo and sell some games. My idea is to use the 15 minute demos as in Essen to show as many games to people as possible. I hope to win one or two volunteers who'll help me out (I'm looking at you, Frank!). I'll also be able to sell some games for you.

So, who'd be interested to be represented at hspielt, and is able to provide me with demo material? Also, any other advice regarding my venture by more experienced people is ver much welcome.

Regards,
    Harald

Matt Machell

Hi Harald,

I think Essen probably gives you a lot of experience to draw on from a pure sales standpoint. However, if the Con is more play-based than sales-based, you could look into running an "Indie Games Track" style event. We had a great success with ours at Conpulsion last year. We ran four slots a day of one hour taster sessions. A bit more meaty than a 15 minute demo, but still enough that folks can try a variety of games without feeling it's a huge time commitment (and no pressure to stay for an entire game if it's not their thing).

-Matt

oliof

Hey guys,

it's only 5 weeks until hspielt! 14. So, if any of you wants me and my two volunteers to show (and sell) your stuff, speak up. If none of you wants to be represented, I'll take the liberty to play favorites...

Regards,
    Harald

Ron Edwards

Hi Harald,

I'd like to have my games there. At Spiel Essen, apparently a number of customers already had the core Sorcerer book but wanted the supplements. I'd like to have all four Sorcerer books available at hpsielt! - is that possible?

Best, Ron

oliof

Ron,
that should be doable. With Martin and Frank I have two knowledgeable people at my side who can tell me about sorcerer. Please PM me regarding stock.

Regards,
    Harald

xenopulse

Harald,

As we discussed, I would love to have Beast Hunters there.  It won't be in bulk, but we'll work something out for a preview copy.  I am also hoping to have the downloadable demo done by then.