News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

First Dogs game happening soon - Would this town work?

Started by 14thWarrior, January 31, 2007, 11:33:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glendower

Hi, my name is Jon.

14thWarrior

That's totally awesome!  I'm glad the town, complete with suggested mods, worked well for you.  It fills me with even more confidence that it will work for me when the time comes to run my first game.

After reading this Actual Play report, I think I might well go with Alden having prior knowledge of the fungus.
Leo M. Lalande

14thWarrior

My planned DitV session was to happen this Saturday, February 24; unfortunately, my players bailed on me.  I had one player who was very keen on trying DitV with me, and another who was somewhat interested.  Unfortunately, we couldn't seem to ellicit a commmitment out of that second, somewhat interested player; so the one who was keen on trying it bailed on me in favor of GMing at a local con.

It's a disappointing turn of events, because I was all fired up for this session.

I even created a special new Town worksheet in Excel to show the sin progression on an individual character basis, just to get well prepared for the town.  I'll post the Orchard Plains Version when I get it finished.

Oh well, I'm sure I'll find some players for it eventually.  I know I'll have at least one player who's keen on trying it.
Leo M. Lalande

oliof

You could always go to the local con and GM it there! win-win, I'd say.

Glendower

I played this town again with a different group.  Very interesting results, and I posted the AP here.  I'm hoping to eventually play it with a third group!
Hi, my name is Jon.

14thWarrior

Quote from: Glendower on February 21, 2007, 01:42:41 PM
I played this town again with a different group.  Very interesting results, and I posted the AP here.  I'm hoping to eventually play it with a third group!

Can you send even just one of those groups my way? :D  I can't seem to find many in my area willing to try it; and I have a darn difficult time trying to get those that are interested to commit to actually getting together for a session.

I'm looking forward to seeing how play went with this second group.

Quote from: oliof on February 21, 2007, 08:38:24 AM
You could always go to the local con and GM it there! win-win, I'd say.
Interesting that you should mention that; DitV, among other 'indie' games are being demo'd at this con already.  I'd love to attend, even just to watch the game in action; but alas, I'm so short of funds right now, that even a single time slot registration fee is out of the question.  Sometimes being a single income family with a kid and a mortgage really sucks.
Leo M. Lalande